Windows 10: How do change a family members name on Win 10

Discus and support How do change a family members name on Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have misspelt my daughter's surname on her family account. Can I say that adding her was an absolute nightmare - going around in circles for an hour... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JohnMunday2, Jan 5, 2021.

1. How do change a family members name on Win 10

I have misspelt my daughter's surname on her family account.

Can I say that adding her was an absolute nightmare - going around in circles for an hour - this MUST be fixed asap.

There is no where anywhere to amend this error.

Surely it should be easy?

Please advise.

:)

JohnMunday2, Jan 5, 2021
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Jan 5, 2021
  3. joeyladSI Win User
    Family member login query

No I'm sorry, I don't see the name of the family member that has been added when I go to "switch user" or when I follow, settings/accounts/ family. Microsoft have confirmed that I do have a family member but the member cannot be found.

joeyladSI, Jan 5, 2021
  4. How do change a family members name on Win 10

removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

How do change a family members name on Win 10

1. How do change a family members name on Win 10 - Similar Threads - change family members

2. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  3. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  4. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?: How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is...
  6. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?: How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is...
  7. How to change the password of a family member?

How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  8. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  9. How to change the password of a family member?

10. change family member status

change family member status: my wife joined the family group as a child. how do we change it to 'adult'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-family-member-status/7826ff98-9b31-4e60-a5f1-b58a797f2862