Windows 10: How do find and get rid of hidden programs?

Discus and support How do find and get rid of hidden programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a few days now there has been a random program running hidden that plays audio of random ads... When opening up volume mixer it shows up as "try"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sonmicnin, Dec 12, 2020.

1. How do find and get rid of hidden programs?

For a few days now there has been a random program running hidden that plays audio of random ads... When opening up volume mixer it shows up as "try" and when I open up taskmanager it shows up as jtry.exe and another called new_.exe. If I use TaskManager to find the source folder and delete the whole thing(folder called btest located in my AppData local folder) it'll only just reappear with these same files a few minutes later. It's driving me insane because using malware removal programs don't help and uninstallers don't help How do find and get rid of hidden programs? :(

submitted by /u/sonmicnin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sonmicnin, Dec 12, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 12, 2020
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. How do find and get rid of hidden programs?

All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

How do find and get rid of hidden programs?

1. How do find and get rid of hidden programs? - Similar Threads - find rid hidden

2. How do I get rid of the error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...: This message pops up at startup and constantly throughout the day "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files x86\programhelper.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."". It is very annoying. The program it is referring to has already been uninstalled...
  3. How do I get rid of the error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files...: This message pops up at startup and constantly throughout the day "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files x86\programhelper.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."". It is very annoying. The program it is referring to has already been uninstalled...
  4. Get rid of hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of hidden network: Using my Xfinity wifi for my iPhone and now when I use it it says hidden network, How do I get rid of the hidden network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-hidden-network/3983ce20-53d3-4d1f-a9b0-cdf2ab23ea64
  5. Get rid of hidden network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of hidden network: Using my Xfinity wifi for my iPhone and now when I use it it says hidden network, How do I get rid of the hidden network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-hidden-network/3983ce20-53d3-4d1f-a9b0-cdf2ab23ea64
  6. get rid of hidden network

get rid of hidden network: Using my Xfinity wifi for my iPhone and now when I use it it says hidden network, How do I get rid of the hidden network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-hidden-network/3983ce20-53d3-4d1f-a9b0-cdf2ab23ea64
  7. How to I get rid of this program

How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  8. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  9. How to I get rid of this program

10. How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.: I gave a program administrator privileges, but I don't want the program to have administrator anymore, this program needs admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-administrator-privileges-for-a/4204e059-414d-423c-a155-fd0e22eb3a7d"