Windows 10: How do format Windows 10?

Discus and support How do format Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do format Windows 10? I have 2 ext WD one is a 4 TB and the other is a 1 TB and I cannot get Windows 10 to see the drives and I need format Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Lee, Jul 26, 2019.

1. How do format Windows 10?

How do format Windows 10? I have 2 ext WD one is a 4 TB and the other is a 1 TB and I cannot get Windows 10 to see the drives and I need format Windows 10 so I can use them.

:)

Robert Lee, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Hitman Win User

How do format Windows 10?

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

How do format Windows 10?

1. How do format Windows 10? - Similar Threads - format

2. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted: HiWhenever I copying or sending files into my SD Card, they were not saved into the SD card.So, I tried running the chkdsk d: /f where the d is the letter assigned to my SD card, but the operation didn't compete successfully only 62 percent completed.........
  3. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted: HiWhenever I copying or sending files into my SD Card, they were not saved into the SD card.So, I tried running the chkdsk d: /f where the d is the letter assigned to my SD card, but the operation didn't compete successfully only 62 percent completed.........
  4. My SD card cannot be checked by chkdsk, nor can be formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  6. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  7. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

8. Cannot format SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  9. Cannot format SSD

Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  10. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...