Windows 10: how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

Discus and support how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i wanted to give my laptop access to a drive on my desktop (both on the same network) but i dont have permissions to access it. when i go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antireal20, Dec 13, 2019.

1. how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

i wanted to give my laptop access to a drive on my desktop (both on the same network) but i dont have permissions to access it. when i go to propertied->security i cant choose my laptop as the location, how can i give myself permissions?

submitted by /u/antireal20
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antireal20, Dec 13, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 13, 2019
  4. pmokover Win User

how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore has one user account. I have assigned permissions so that each PC can access the desired folders on the others. Everything is working well.

I am about to connect an additional PC to this network. Two people will share this PC so it has two user accounts. Let’s call them User1 and User2.

How do I set things up so that User 1 has access to certain folders on the other four PCs but User2 has access to a different list of folders on the other four PCs? I’ve never had to deal with a PC that has multiple user accounts before and I’m not sure how to handle network permissions in that situation.

Thanks.
    Peter

pmokover, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

1. how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network? - Similar Threads - permission user different

2. how do network user gain write permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do network user gain write permission?: I hAve the same login info for both accounts on network computers but only have read permission over the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-network-user-gain-write-permission/0165f8dd-9ab4-4880-a880-97397ed59661
  3. how do network user gain write permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do network user gain write permission?: I hAve the same login info for both accounts on network computers but only have read permission over the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-network-user-gain-write-permission/0165f8dd-9ab4-4880-a880-97397ed59661
  4. how do network user gain write permission?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.

Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.: I am having a problem with the application Canon Digital Photo Professional DPP. It is not responding. I created a secondary admin account and tested the application and it works fine on that account. The only problem is that account cannot access the drives on my computer...
  6. How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer windows 10 to a different user on the same PC please?: I now use my spouse's old PC. I think the Windows 10 operating system came with the PC. The licence terms allow me to transfer the licence from one user to another on the same PC the OS came with. How do I do that please?...
  7. permission for network users

permission for network users: I have a laptop (A) which connects to a PC (B) via LAN. B is a backup computer. I have batch files that copy files from A to B all the time. Last week, I reinstalled Windows 10 built 1903 on B as a clean installation. So, everything on B, Windows, apps, settings, etc., are...
  8. Permissions on network users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions on network users: Since the last update I am unable to access other computers on my home wifi network. The error message says that "you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access." How do I remedy this problem?...
  9. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts: So here goes, I am a complete amateur here and with computers so please let me know if I have anything wrong here! I have windows 10 on my computer which updated from Windows 7. I had always used an administrator account sofinding out I could not use any apps at all when...
  10. How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?

How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?: Hi. I have a folder full of movies that I'm sharing over the network. I want my raspberry pi to be the only one able to change the content of the folder, but I want everyone on the network to able to read from it, how can this be done? 67351