Windows 10: How do have Explorer always have same settings

Discus and support How do have Explorer always have same settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to have details of files view and ordered by date modified. Not much to ask for? How can I get this as my default view? The WORST thing...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omarmi, Jan 15, 2021.

1. omarmi Win User

How do have Explorer always have same settings

I want to have details of files view and ordered by date modified.

Not much to ask for?

How can I get this as my default view?

The WORST thing...

A folder with music mp3 files

I get some crazy columns like artist and track length or something - none of which I want

I get rid of columns painfully

Next time: it comes back

How do I stop this?

Thanks

:)

omarmi, Jan 15, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How do have Explorer always have same settings - Similar Threads - Explorer always same

2. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: Hi! My computer is running really slow and I was advised to created a partition to separate my program files from all other files in my computer. I went ahead and made the partition. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the libraries to the new drive however I hadn't first...
  3. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: Hi! My computer is running really slow and I was advised to created a partition to separate my program files from all other files in my computer. I went ahead and made the partition. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the libraries to the new drive however I hadn't first...
  4. How do i set Windows explorer to always open maximized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i set Windows explorer to always open maximized?: The Windows Explorer on my PC very frequently opens as 'Restored', i.e., not maximized. There is no option to always open it maximized in 'Properties' in the context menu.Windows 10 v 21H1...
  5. Need desktop to always have same IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need desktop to always have same IP Address: I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 printers, 1 phone, 1 other device connecting wirelessly to router. When they're all happy it's great. When they're not :- I have some software that synchronises my phone to Outlook, and it requires the desktop to always have 1.192.1.65 as...
  6. have application window always open in the same location?

in Windows 10 Support
    have application window always open in the same location?: every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner, without any 3rd party software? Like a shortcut script or something? any help is greatly appreciated! Windows Version Number...
  7. How to have a computer always powered on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to have a computer always powered on: I have a computer without a screen that needs to be always on. To do this I configured some settings: 1) Changed Power & Sleep options for Screen and Sleep to never; 2) Set After Power Failure to Power On (this is possible from hardware side); This looked fine for me...
  8. do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do i have to have the same brand dvd drive?: since i broke my dvd drive im trying to buy a new one, but is it necessary to buy a dvd drive from the same brand? or do i just need the right size....
  9. Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries in file Explorer point to the same source & have the same name: A few days ago I discovered that my C drive was almost full because only 76 GB had been assigned to it. Instead of thinking about it carefully I went ahead and assigned an unallocated partition of 900 kB to a new drive which I named H. Then in file Explorer I pointed all the...
  10. How do I have 2 Environments at the same time

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I have 2 Environments at the same time: I have a Microsoft Surface Book connected to 2 external monitors and I remote into my work PC using VMWare software. I would like to use that environment on the external monitors and my regular Windows 10 environment on my Surface Book display. Is this possible? If so what do...