Windows 10: How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials?

Discus and support How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need this to find out or change my credential password which has been changed by Microsoft Windows 10 update 1607? So how do I access Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steveburstow, Nov 30, 2019.

1. How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials?

I need this to find out or change my credential password which has been changed by Microsoft Windows 10 update 1607? So how do I access Administrator Tools Credentials?

:)

steveburstow, Nov 30, 2019

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Administrator Credentials

I am trying to access a Rosetta Stone CD on my e drive but I keep getting the message "please log in with administrator credentials." Can you please give me the steps to obtain this access. I am the sole user of the computer. Thank you.

DonaldThornhill, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials?

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials?

1. How do I access Administrator Tools Credentials? - Similar Threads - access Administrator Tools

2. Access with no credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access with no credentials: Hello one of my PC is acting as a media server and I would like it strats up as soon as I push the power button (it should behave like a CD player :) ) I want to get rid of the microsoft account management bloatware some how, for esxample 'd like to create an se which is not...
  3. Administrator Access and Tools Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Access and Tools Not Working: Whenever I try to use administrator tools, (e.g. “Do you to allow this app to make changes to your device?”) it just says the request is not supported after a long blank screen. How do I fix this? It may be important to note this started after A file corrupted submitted by...
  4. Unable to access administrative tools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access administrative tools: I have mistakenly removed all the files from the program data folder. I am currently using windows 10 home edition. [ATTACH] Getting this error after running the control admintools from administrative powershell, please help me to get these files back I have tried several...
  5. Administrator denied access to Windows Administrative Tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator denied access to Windows Administrative Tools: So I tried accessing computer management on my Windows 10 PC and i get the message saying an administrator has blocked you from running the app. Please contact the administrator for details. My question is why am i getting this error when i am the administrator of the PC and...
  6. Administrator credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator credentials: I am the only user on my win10 account, and i need admin privilege's. Every where I look the message is the person is making the change needs admin privileges. I feel like I am stuck in admin hell....
  7. how do I access my Administrator function

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I access my Administrator function: How do I access my Administrator I am the only person who uses my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-administrator-function/b1b2a327-08bf-4c06-a7f4-bcb808e5599a
  8. How do I give an administrator administrative access in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I give an administrator administrative access in windows 10: I'm an administrator. User Accounts explicitly states that this means that I have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain, and that I can make any desired changes. That being said, I'm still denied permission when I try to delete files, and told that I need...
  9. Administrator Credentials

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Administrator Credentials: I am trying to access a Rosetta Stone CD on my e drive but I keep getting the message "please log in with administrator credentials." Can you please give me the steps to obtain this access. I am the sole user of the computer. Thank you....
  10. how do I access administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    how do I access administrator: When I alter a document I received mesage to obtain administrator's aproval. How? 16391