Windows 10: How do I access desktop screen

Discus and support How do I access desktop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i access desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-desktop-screen/207007fe-8fce-4394-9b5f-fc4b7ce6890c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doncanepa, Mar 23, 2020.

1. doncanepa Win User

How do I access desktop screen

How do i access desktop screen

:)

doncanepa, Mar 23, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 23, 2020
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

I CAN'T ACCESS MY DESKTOP

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What build is installed on your computer?

• When you say ‘unable to access desktop’, does that mean that the issue is with Start Menu desktop icons or the conventional desktop?

• Are you trying to install the Steam app from Microsoft store or Third party website?

• Are you facing any error message while trying to install ‘Steam’ app?

It looks like you might either be in Tablet mode
    or have the Start Screen set to full and as a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar just to the left of the date/time. Do you happen to have the Tablet button selected? If yes, please unselect by clicking on ‘Tablet mode’ option to use
      your computer in desktop mode.

• Click on Start Menu and choose
      Settings
      , Click on Personalization, select Start
      on the left pane, check if the "Use Start full screen" is on or off. It might be turned on, so perhaps toggling this option to off might help.

Hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I access desktop screen - Similar Threads - access desktop screen

2. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  3. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  4. How do I disable mic access to one desktop app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable mic access to one desktop app?: So I need to disable mic access to one of my computer apps, but it shows up underneath "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone", and I can't seem to disable one without disabling all. Any advice? Or am I stuck like this?...
  5. how do i block access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i block access: so my laptop is brand new i have barely even begun to use it ..... the reason i went to get it in the first place is that someone was remotely accessing my computer through i guess some secondary login i couldn't find. or they set up some work group...i really was having to...
  6. How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?

How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?: How do I remove the blue box when I drag and hold my mouse on my desktop? I looked this up but had no help. No, I don't have narrator on. [ATTACH]...
  7. How do I access clipboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I access clipboard: How do I open a clipboard file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-clipboard/b4fac45e-9904-422e-9ad5-a3faa28c6ef1
  8. How do i remove these from my desktop screen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove these from my desktop screen?: So I was organizing my desktop screen when I noticed these apps (Below) would not delete.[ATTACH] I try to delete them and this happens (Below)[ATTACH] I think it thinks it's the actual app but it has a shortcut icon. So I go into file explorer to move them, and they're not...
  9. How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds?

How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds?: I use Windows 10, and I have used the settings app to personalize my PC. However, it only shows the 5 recent wallpapers. How do I re-gain access to the built in wallpapers? 59714
  10. how do I access administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    how do I access administrator: When I alter a document I received mesage to obtain administrator's aproval. How? 16391