Windows 10: How do I access "location permissions"

Discus and support How do I access "location permissions" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I access "location permissions"?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by toenails, Sep 21, 2018.

1. toenails Win User

How do I access "location permissions"

How do I access "location permissions"?

:)

toenails, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Sep 21, 2018
  3. "Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location."

Hello Robin,

We regret the inconvenience. let me assist you.

I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the user account you are referring to has administrative rights.

Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz. The following window lists all the existing user accounts along with the designated privileges.

You can make changes to the user accounts (including editing permissions).

Note: You will need to have admin permissions to perform editing of user profiles.

Also suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Steps relevant for Windows 8 also applies to Windows 10)

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 21, 2018
  4. How do I access "location permissions"

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

How do I access "location permissions"

1. How do I access "location permissions" - Similar Threads - access location permissions

2. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  3. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  4. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  6. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  7. How the heck do I get permissions to access a flashdrive?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How the heck do I get permissions to access a flashdrive?!?!: Hello! So I've recently been trying to make a Hackintosh for a summer project and it went well until I stumbled into this problem: How do you grant access to a flash drive?!?!...
  8. location permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    location permissions: Maps program says it doesn't have permission to use my location. Note in red on location permissions page says " *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" Don't know where to find organization settings....
  9. Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost permission access to a folder on my E drive. How do I regain permissions?: I went to install Photoshop from their creative cloud app thing. I changed the location to install on my E drive HDD. I successfully had it installed on my C drive initially but uninstalled a few months ago. The install failed. When I went to the folder the install dumped a...
  10. Unable to locate file/ do not have permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to locate file/ do not have permission: hello, im having problems launching games on the insiders program build, says i don't have permissions or cant find the file when the directory is in the right place and i have all permissions. ive reverted back to last windows 10 update also factory reset my pc and wont...