Windows 10: How do I access mail app passwords?

Discus and support How do I access mail app passwords? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to recover a gmail password, and its saved in the mail app cache. Is there a way to access that? I never made a secondary email, so I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Harmacc, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How do I access mail app passwords?

I need to recover a gmail password, and its saved in the mail app cache. Is there a way to access that? I never made a secondary email, so I cant recover through google. Its on my iphone too, but same problem, cant access mail passwords.

submitted by /u/Harmacc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Harmacc, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I access mail app passwords? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 18, 2020
  3. stub Win User
    What is gMail's Mail App Password

I have a number of gMail accounts. When I look at my security settings in Google. I see 3 entries for each account..

Mail App Password
    Thunderbird (which I'm moving away from)
    Mailbird (which I'm moving to)

I'm curious about the first one, Mail App Password. It seems to have been created approx 2 years ago. But I cannot think what it could be for? As far as I know, I don't need Mail App Password unless it is somehow associated with the Thunderbird and Mailbird emails. If I delete it. Will my Thunderbird/Mailbird programs still have full access to my gMail Accounts. Any light shed on this would be helpful.

I also have 2 step authentication on for all accounts. I assumed this was for verifying me as a user. But I'm wondering if Thunderbird/Mailbird need some settings to cope with logging on with 2 step authentication?

My basic problem is I cannot see any differences in google for all of these accounts. But some of my Mailbird accounts won't send mail. So maybe there is a setting in Mailbird, which I've overlooked, for why this is happening?

4. SoFine409 Win User

How do I access mail app passwords?

What is gMail's Mail App Password

Hi stub. See if this will help you understand app specific passwords Sign in using App Passwords - Google Account Help

SoFine409, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I access mail app passwords?

1. How do I access mail app passwords? - Similar Threads - access mail app

2. how do i access my saved passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i access my saved passwords?: where are my saved passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-saved-passwords/74f6eadd-f9dd-4592-ba3a-398554ae1d80
  3. how do i access my saved passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i access my saved passwords?: where are my saved passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-my-saved-passwords/74f6eadd-f9dd-4592-ba3a-398554ae1d80
  4. how do i access my saved passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I install the Mail App

How do I install the Mail App: Split from this thread. I bought Windows10. I upgraded from Windows8.1. I was looking to regain the email app i deleted in 8.1 in error. Windows10 has a mail app but I don’t have it in my apps. How do I obtain that app?...
  6. Microsoft Mail App - How Do I Stop Junk Mail?

Microsoft Mail App - How Do I Stop Junk Mail?: Hi guys, I get ~5 spam emails a day all from the same email address. I can't work out to get them automatically taken out of my inbox and put in the spam folder or directly deleted. Can it be done in the Windows 10 mail app. Thanks. Mike...
  7. How do I recover the password on Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I recover the password on Live Mail?: How do I recover the password on Live Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-the-password-on-live-mail/f2efdc4c-0adb-426f-afea-9368ba6b5b7e
  8. how do I remove mail app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I remove mail app: Problems with mail app and need to remove and reinstall it. Remove-AppxPackage in windows power shell does not work I get the message removal failed, contact your software vendor. I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10...
  9. How do I create groups in the mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create groups in the mail app?: I understand that my "contacts" are now in an app called "People". I am using Google/Gmail to transfer all of my contacts to People, I also have several groups that I need to transfer or create to enable one email to go to several people in a group. How do I create groups...
  10. How do I disconnect Mail and other apps?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disconnect Mail and other apps?: Playing around with Windows 10 I set up my mail account in the Mail app. I don't like it and don't want to use it. How can I remove my settings from that app and remove it from the tiles I see when I click the windows button? 15566