Windows 10: how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

Discus and support how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on my laptop and my desktop. how do access from desktop or vice versa?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lin337, Aug 9, 2019.

1. lin337 Win User

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

I have windows 10 on my laptop and my desktop. how do access from desktop or vice versa?

:)

lin337, Aug 9, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  4. how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

Windows 8.1 Available on ORIGIN PC Desktops and Laptops

ORIGIN PC is now offering Microsoft's latest and highly-anticipated update, Windows 8.1, to their full line of award-winning desktops and laptops for gamers, artists, professionals and enthusiasts. Windows 8.1 delivers the most complete set of experiences and the widest range of in-box apps and services than ever before. The new Windows 8.1 update now includes exciting new features like the iconic Windows START button that allows for one-click access to the innovative start screen, gives users the option to boot directly to their desktop or start screen, provides a global search within the PC and web and so much more!

All ORIGIN PC system orders with Windows 8.1 pre-installed will begin shipping on or after the official launch day of October 17, 2013. All existing ORIGIN PC customers with Windows 8 can choose to update to Windows 8.1 for free on its official launch day through the windows app store! ORIGIN PC also still provides its customers with the option of Windows 7 if desired.

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10 ORIGIN_PC_Win_8.1_banner_thm.jpg

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10 origin_genesis_PC_thm.jpg

Windows 8.1 New Features:
    • Modern UI Experience- Multitask with up to four apps or sites open side-by-side at the same time.
    • Boot To Desktop - Allows users to choose to boot directly to their desktop or start screen of your choice
    • New Start Button - The iconic Start button is now located on the taskbar allowing one-click access to the Start Screen and provides additional options
    • Enhanced Search- New Bing-powered search returns results from across your devices, apps and the cloud.
    • New Windows Store - Find your favorite apps and discover new experiences in the redesigned Windows Store.
    • New Backgrounds - Choose from new backgrounds, colors and live tiles for an experience that's uniquely yours.
    • Cloud Ready - Access all your files, photos and settings, from anywhere, with SkyDrive cloud-based storage and sync.
    • Free Update For Current Windows 8 Users - Existing Windows 8 users can update to Windows 8.1 by downloading directly through the Windows App Store for free.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support - Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8.1 related questions.
    "One of my favorite things about Windows 8.1 is now having the ability to choose where you want to boot directly to, your desktop or directly to the start screen menu." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "With Windows 8.1, it's an evolutionary step in the right direction and we're extremely excited to immediately begin offering it to all ORIGIN PC customers to have it ready to ship by launch day."

Cristian_25H, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10

1. how do i access my desktop from my laptop with windows 10 - Similar Threads - access desktop laptop

2. I have an app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop?: I have an Paint.net app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-app-on-my-laptop-how-do-i-access-same/3bc0ae21-09b6-4898-b421-44d7645fa294
  3. I have an app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop?: I have an Paint.net app on my laptop. How do I access same app on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-app-on-my-laptop-how-do-i-access-same/3bc0ae21-09b6-4898-b421-44d7645fa294
  4. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  5. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  6. How do I connect my Windows 11 Desktop to my Windows 10 Laptop. I want my laptop to be the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my Windows 11 Desktop to my Windows 10 Laptop. I want my laptop to be the...: Projecting Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-windows-11-desktop-to-my/68051207-2e07-4861-bd08-4f9bd1923217
  7. How do I connect my Windows 11 Desktop to my Windows 10 Laptop. I want my laptop to be the...

How do I connect my Windows 11 Desktop to my Windows 10 Laptop. I want my laptop to be the...: Projecting Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-windows-11-desktop-to-my/68051207-2e07-4861-bd08-4f9bd1923217
  8. How do I gain access to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I gain access to my laptop: I have an HP touchscreen laptop less than 6 months old with Windows 10 preloaded. When I turn it on, the picture comes up. However, no matter what I do, the Pin log-in area will not come up so I can enter my pin. Win10 was preloaded so I do not have a disk or even a...
  9. how do i change my access password on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change my access password on my laptop: how do I change my password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-access-password-on-my-laptop/491ddb20-4ca5-4bb3-ae5f-98f3b8b581f2
  10. Accessing my desktop from my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing my desktop from my laptop: Hi. I have been trying to Accessing my desktop from my laptop both running windows 10. Is the homegroup still working on W10?. If so I have failed done all sorts of things followed links from Microsoft and other forums. It all was okay on windows 8.1 and windows 7 but what...