Windows 10: How Do i Access My Old User Account?

Discus and support How Do i Access My Old User Account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is more in-depth than my subject line implies. So i bought a new computer with Win10 x64 on it. Recently. Created a new computer name for it, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stadawim, May 14, 2019.

1. Stadawim Win User

How Do i Access My Old User Account?

This is more in-depth than my subject line implies.

So i bought a new computer with Win10 x64 on it. Recently. Created a new computer name for it, but kept my Microsoft ID that my synced accounts have (online, the old one, and the new one). I was going to pull the data off the old one and utilize the drive for external storage (there is nothing wrong with the drive at all, and it's not even that old). It is currently hooked up as an external drive to the new one via SATA. Now, i can access quite a few things on it, but the one crucial thing i can't get to is the old user name in the Users/ folder. It is NOT hidden. I do have administrative rights, and it looks like i have the rights to access the folder. But i can't. Meaning, the entire folder will not acknowledge access at all. I can left or right click on it and nothing happens. All the other folders i can click on and get into. So that of course means that any and all documents/downloads/musics/videos/saves that are under that username i can't access at all. Why? What am i missing? There's got to be a way. And i was wondering if that has to do with the Microsoft account. As in you go online and see all the devices that are attached to the account you're using. Is that what is preventing me from accessing it? Online it says that username is still active and good, as is this new one. Should i have given this new one the same name? Too late for that.

In any case, can someone point me in the right direction or tell me what i missed?

:)

Stadawim, May 14, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 14, 2019
  3. user account,administrator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Where do you see all these accounts on your system?
    • Do these see these account as a login option at you login screen?
    • Are you able to access these accounts?
    • If you are able to access these account. Are you able to access data in these accounts?
    I would suggest you to follow the step, which would provide you the list of all the user accounts on your system.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Type control userpasswords2.
    • Press Enter.
    Now check if all these accounts are present on your system.

Please provide us the required information. We would be happy to assist your further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, May 14, 2019
  4. iStink Win User

User accounts in VB2005 from MS Access

Access has a list of words not to use as column names, but if you must, you'll need to use brackets in your sql statement. I'm unsure of the list of words, but the line of code appears valid. Try using this:

Dim sqlString As String = "INSERT INTO USERS ([USERNAME], [PASSWORD]) VALUES ('" & usernameString & "', '" & passwordString & "')"

Perhaps its password that's causing the issue.

You could also try renaming the columns within the access database. I ran into this issue when I used the word time as a column name.

iStink, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How Do i Access My Old User Account? - Similar Threads - Access Old User

2. How do I access my old hotmail.com account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my old hotmail.com account?: Recently messenger logged me out still logged onto fb and I forgot my password. The only way I can reset my password is through the hotmail account. I've tried to recover my hotmail.com account https://account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-us but outlook/microsoft is saying it...
  3. How do I access my old hotmail.com account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I access my old hotmail.com account?: Recently messenger logged me out still logged onto fb and I forgot my password. The only way I can reset my password is through the hotmail account. I've tried to recover my hotmail.com account https://account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-us but outlook/microsoft is saying it...
  4. How do I get access to my users folder on my old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get access to my users folder on my old hard drive?: So recently, my old computer broke. I've purchased a new computer but wanted to keep my old files from my old computer, so I removed the hard drive and connected it to my new computer. When I try to go into my users folder, it says, "You don't currently have permission to...
  5. How do I get access to my users folder on my old hard drive?

How do I get access to my users folder on my old hard drive?: So recently, my old computer broke. I've purchased a new computer but wanted to keep my old files from my old computer, so I removed the hard drive and connected it to my new computer. When I try to go into my users folder, it says, "You don't currently have permission to...
  6. Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account: Here's the predicament that I'm in.I work for an MSP that deals with Active Directory On-Premises and we have a client with two users. One of the users let's say her name is Jane is retiring from their job. The client has hired another user let's say her name is Martha and...
  7. Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account

Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account: Here's the predicament that I'm in.I work for an MSP that deals with Active Directory On-Premises and we have a client with two users. One of the users let's say her name is Jane is retiring from their job. The client has hired another user let's say her name is Martha and...
  8. Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  10. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i acces my old bf2hub account