Windows 10: How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...

Discus and support How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell phone. I need to be contacted via land line. Is it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrantMiller, Mar 27, 2020.

1. How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...

How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell phone. I need to be contacted via land line.

Is it necessary to own a cell phone to use Windows??

:)

BrantMiller, Mar 27, 2020
  2. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Mar 27, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    gameux.dll trying to access secure MS IP address

I have a shed lot of logs in comodo firewall that gameux.dll is trying to access IP 65.55.162.27 << looked up as an MS IP address , over port 443 (https) this is being blocked by comodo though in the firewall logs gameux.dll is trying port after port, seems to be in order aswell, basically this dll is trying to get to that secure MS IP address for some reason and is port scanning to get out.........

I can't find much info on this dll though it appears to be an MS one and the behaviour of it is worrying, why is it scanning all available ports to access that IP? if this was anyone but MS this would be considered virus/spyware behaviour. It's possibly harmless but still.

Anyone came across this?

Seems this dll corresponds to MS Games Explorer that was intro'd in Vista, doesn't explain why it is trying to send information to a secure MS IP address

NdMk2o1o, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Thatguy Win User

How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...

gameux.dll trying to access secure MS IP address

Why does the disk indexing service send out notifications to the microsoft server in redmond ?

news flash, microsoft knows all about what you do with your computer unless you defeat these spyware features.

Thatguy, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...

1. How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell... - Similar Threads - access Security seems

2. un-able to access secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    un-able to access secure boot: I can not access secure boot settings in windows, my hardware meets all requirements. the UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows10, for me its not a hardware issue. motherboard is current bios settings are enabled I have done everything mentioned to access it i need help...
  3. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  4. security code access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security code access: security code sent to an email address which I no longer have access to what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code-access/875dc705-16c9-49b6-9e8f-3d26f9f3ee28
  5. security code access

security code access: security code sent to an email address which I no longer have access to what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code-access/875dc705-16c9-49b6-9e8f-3d26f9f3ee28
  6. I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY: I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY->THREAT AND PROTECTION->IT IS SHOWING YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACESS IS NOT AVAILABLE CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO RESOLVE IT...
  7. I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY

I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY: I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS WINDOWS SECURITY->THREAT AND PROTECTION->IT IS SHOWING YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACESS IS NOT AVAILABLE CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO RESOLVE IT...
  8. Security Provider

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Provider: Hi, While Malwarebytes was updating I noticed the Windows Security warning sign appear on the systray. I clicked on it and the 'Security Providers' settings window appeared showing that Malwarebytes was temporarily switched off. (I happened to notice as I was looking at the...
  9. I Have no Security Provider in Windows Security

I Have no Security Provider in Windows Security: I noticed today that I cannot perform a virus scan and checked my security settings and found out that there is no security provider for antivirus, firewall and web protection. How and why did it happen? What are the things that I need to do to get the pc's protection back?...
  10. Windows security under security providers:

Windows security under security providers:: In windows security under security providers: Windows defender anti virus is on, firewall is on, but WEB PROTECTION shows no providers. What do I need for web protection?...