How do I access Windows 10 Power Shell commands?

Discus and support How do I access Windows 10 Power Shell commands? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the windows in the bottom left of the Taskbar, I get Command Prompt options - but not Power Shell options. By the way, what is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

When I click on the windows in the bottom left of the Taskbar, I get Command Prompt options - but not Power Shell options. By the way, what is the difference between the two? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jul 31, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Power shell to Command prompt in windows creators update

Yes Microsoft in their wisdom are phasing out Command Prompt in favour of Powershell . . .

Here are the steps to add that option back to the Context Menu in Windows File Explorer:

• Make sure you can see files extensions - In File Explorer, on the View Tab, check the box 'File Name Extensions'
    • Close File Explorer if it is open
    • Right click a black space on your Desktop, choose New - Text Document
    • Copy the text below into it
    • Save the file and give it a meaningful name
    • Change the file extension from .txt to .reg
    • Right click the file and choose 'Merge'
    • Confirm the merge when asked
    • That's it, you're done, 'Open Command Prompt Here' will be back on your Shift + Right click menu in File Explorer!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt\command]

@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt\command]

EXTRA NOTE: To add Command Prompt back to the right click of your Start Menu
    (this only adds Command Prompt back to your Start menu), right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings and turn this option on . . .

How do I access Windows 10 Power Shell commands? 6266d58f-0935-4837-b11b-0a80de9f1e0c.jpg

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How do I access Windows 10 Power Shell commands? :)

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I access Windows 10 Power Shell commands? - Similar Threads - access Power Shell

2. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  3. Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10: Hi I have recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 3050 installed with Windows 10 Pro. All the latest windows updates are now installed. I have connected my Xerox Documate 152i to a USB 2 port ( have also tried a USB 3 port ) and loaded the scanner software / drivers and also...
  4. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  5. Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...: I recently tried to update my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro to the latest version (currently my Win10 version is 1607) and I got this BSOD error: [ATTACH] After this Blue Screen of Death I waited for about 5 minutes and for some reason it did not reboot automatically. I tried to...
  6. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  7. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  8. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...
  9. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...
  10. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...