Windows 10: How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB...

Discus and support How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought a new PC. I installed Windows (and Linux!). I couldn't use my original license key because it was in use on my old PC, and because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Finsternis, Jan 4, 2020.

1. How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB...

So I bought a new PC. I installed Windows (and Linux!). I couldn't use my original license key because it was in use on my old PC, and because Microsoft nitpicky BS license reasons I'm not able to transfer it to my new system even though it was 100% legally purchased by me. So I just gave up and went to Amazon and bought a copy of Windows 10. I purchased the version that comes on USB, thinking it would be easier to store, and assuming that like all other versions ever it would come with a piece of paper with a license key on it. It didn't. It's a thumb drive. No key written on it. No accompanying paper with a key on it. No key. I've tried calling MS support about it but can't even succeed in getting past the automated phone tree, which automatically directs all "installation" calls towards other voice jail systems. And I don't even know what I would tell then - there doesn't seem to be any identifying numbers on the key itself to read to them to prove I bought it. Any ideas? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Finsternis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Finsternis, Jan 4, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 4, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB...

1. How do I activate and installed copy of Windows from a storebought Microsoft Windows 10 USB... - Similar Threads - activate installed copy

2. How do I activate Microsoft window?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate Microsoft window?: How do I get my Microsoft window to activate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-microsoft-window/3c6024b1-d3e0-44f6-8f10-475715fde196
  3. How do I activate Microsoft window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate Microsoft window?: How do I get my Microsoft window to activate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-microsoft-window/3c6024b1-d3e0-44f6-8f10-475715fde196
  4. How do I activate Microsoft window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I repurpose the windows installer USB from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repurpose the windows installer USB from Microsoft?: I recently bought a windows key for windows 11 along with a USB from Microsoft for a fresh install. After installation, I wanted to clear the installer and repurpose it as an everyday Pendrive. However, the device is stuck in a read-only state which cannot be disabled even...
  6. How do I repurpose the windows installer USB from Microsoft?

How do I repurpose the windows installer USB from Microsoft?: I recently bought a windows key for windows 11 along with a USB from Microsoft for a fresh install. After installation, I wanted to clear the installer and repurpose it as an everyday Pendrive. However, the device is stuck in a read-only state which cannot be disabled even...
  7. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  8. How do I activate my copy of Windows

How do I activate my copy of Windows: I bought windows 10 for Parallels. I recently tried to reinstall Windows 10. However when I try to activate it i get error code 0XC004F213 which says Windows reported that no product key was foundFebruary 5, 2022 Order number 7786044196I've tried and tried to find how to...
  9. How do I activate my copy of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. How do I install Windows 10 from USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install Windows 10 from USB?: I have got myself a new latop Lenovo G5080, It comes with FreeDos and does not have any OS. I am trying to create Windows 10 bootable usb so I can but it says I need Windows 10 ISO for it. Where can I find Windows 10 ISO? 9066