Windows 10: How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed.

Discus and support How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do i activate free version of windows 10 which was running without any issues, my laptop had some issue and had to change the motherboard. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SDZ9, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SDZ9 Win User

How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed.

How do i activate free version of windows 10 which was running without any issues, my laptop had some issue and had to change the motherboard. Tried Microsoft support but no use.

:)

2. JimWynne Win User

Changed Motherboard of Laptop, Windows 10 not Activating

If the motherboard was replaced with a direct equivalent by the manufacturer, the OEM version is transferable. You need to contact the manufacturer for help with activation.

JimWynne, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Wahab49 Win User
    Changed Motherboard of Laptop, Windows 10 not Activating

Dear All,

My Laptop motherboard had some hardware isuues, due to which I had to change my Laptop Motherboard.

After replacing the Motherboard My Windows 10 Deactivated.

I tried all possible solutions but didn't succeed in Activating my Windows 10.

Can anyone help me out please.

Wahab49, Jun 11, 2019
  4. How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed.

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed.

1. How do i activate free version of windows 10 , motherboard for my laptop was changed. - Similar Threads - activate free version

2. How do I activate my windows 10 education version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my windows 10 education version.: I am already using my university account asthe windows account but it is still not activated.I inherited the PC from my senior and reset the windows once I got it.At first it is fine but after 6 months it told me that the it is expired....
  3. How do I activate my windows 10 education version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate my windows 10 education version.: I am already using my university account asthe windows account but it is still not activated.I inherited the PC from my senior and reset the windows once I got it.At first it is fine but after 6 months it told me that the it is expired....
  4. windows 10 activation/motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation/motherboard change: i just upgraded my pc and sold the old one i changed the motherboard and cpu along with the rami still have the GPU HDDs windows is is asking me to activate it again and when i looked online for steps to follow i got to the activate windows screen in settings and it now...
  5. change motherboard and activate window 10

change motherboard and activate window 10: Hi, I would like to update my hp computer motherboard with pre-installed window 10 with OEM version. I am wondering if I able to do that? Since I know that window 10 is somehow tied with the motherboard....
  6. Can't activate my windows 10, the free version.

Can't activate my windows 10, the free version.: I once bought the windows 8. Then windows gave their free version of windows 10, so i got it. After some years, i have finally updated my pc, motherboard blablabla. Boot up, everything was working, logged on my account, windows was fine, everything was cool. The next day,...
  7. Changed Motherboard of Laptop, Windows 10 not Activating

Changed Motherboard of Laptop, Windows 10 not Activating: Dear All, My Laptop motherboard had some hardware isuues, due to which I had to change my Laptop Motherboard. After replacing the Motherboard My Windows 10 Deactivated. I tried all possible solutions but didn't succeed in Activating my Windows 10. Can anyone help me...
  8. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  9. Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard: Hello, I have changed my motherboard and cpu, and now I have to activate Windows. My original Windows 7 key is long gone and the troubleshooting option is not working (error 0x803F7001) and when I select the "I have changed hardware on this device recently" option, I select...
  10. windows 10 activation on motherboard change

windows 10 activation on motherboard change: Hi,i need change my motherboard,anyone got windows 10 activated on this situation? I dont have windows pre-installed on this pc,have windows 8 dvd with licence code from store and windows 10 activated on old motherboard already. In windows 8,there was phone activation that...