Windows 10: How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?

Discus and support How do I activate my Home edition to Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just went thru the microsoft store to buy the upgrade to Pro. I got an email with the order number. How do I activate the Pro? I thought it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alicia J, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?

I just went thru the microsoft store to buy the upgrade to Pro. I got an email with the order number. How do I activate the Pro? I thought it would happen automatically thru the Microsoft account. It didn't.

:)

Alicia J, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Activation Windows 10 Pro.

• The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Mar 6, 2019
  4. How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?

1. How do I activate my Home edition to Pro? - Similar Threads - activate Home edition

2. How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?: I have an unactivated trial version of windows 10 pro, but a key for windows 10 home edition. Unfortunately this key cannot be entered in the activation settings since it’s technically a lower class of windows, and Microsoft only allows you to upgrade your operating system....
  3. Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use windows 10 home for activation of Pro edition: I have windows 10 home key , but the system is installed with windows 10 pro edition. how can i downgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-10-home-for-activation-of-pro/907d696f-cb41-4069-8599-5bdc37c13175
  4. Home edition verse Pro??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home edition verse Pro??: other than cost between them. I have home edition. what does Pro offer that home doesn't?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-edition-verse-pro/e0f84092-a80d-45b3-a4f8-48b887a19a4a
  5. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...: I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying, Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key...
  6. How do i activate my Windows 10 Home?

How do i activate my Windows 10 Home?: Hello. I have a problem with my windows activation.I have a Windows 10 Home. Here is what it says. "We can't connect to your organisation's activation server.Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again.If you continue having problems with...
  7. How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?

How do I activate my Home edition to Pro?: I just went thru the microsoft store to buy the upgrade to Pro. I got an email with the order number. How do I activate the Pro? I thought it would happen automatically thru the Microsoft account. It didn't. 128393
  8. How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?: Been Googling this half the afternoon - still can't do it! I haven't used Windows 10 before today, when I got a new laptop delivered, so am a real beginner. Though, that said, quite a bit of it is close enough to Windows 7 (which all my other computers run) that it's not as...
  9. How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?: Been Googling this half the afternoon - still can't do it! I haven't used Windows 10 before today, when I got a new laptop delivered, so am a real beginner. Though, that said, quite a bit of it is close enough to Windows 7 (which all my other computers run) that it's not as...
  10. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition: So my Laptop came with the home edition and I decided to upgrade to pro and tried to activate windows, but it said my key was invalid, so now I want to go back to home edition. I tried clean installing by using the media cleaner tool but it keeps reverting back to pro. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate pro edition