Windows 10: how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...

Discus and support how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am going to build a new desktop computer soon, i allready have a laptop with windows 10 activated with a retail key, which is connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by elias onstad, Dec 24, 2020.

1. how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...

I am going to build a new desktop computer soon, i allready have a laptop with windows 10 activated with a retail key, which is connected to my account. i am wondering if i can disconnect my microsoft account from the windows key on my laptop, and then connect a new key to my account and use it on my new computer?

:)

elias onstad, Dec 24, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 24, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

No. That only applies to an OEM key. IF you had a retail key that you upgraded, you are more than welcome to transfer this key to another device, just as you would have been able to before the upgrade. The default for retail keys is three activations before you need to call in and get help with activation. Previously, it was required that you install your retail OS first and then upgrade, but the most recent build of Win10 removes that requirement and allows direct installation of Windows10 using your retail Win7/8/8.1 key.

cadaveca, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Rob4642 Win User

how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...

Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...

1. how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to... - Similar Threads - activate computer without

2. Hi how do I find my current active product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hi how do I find my current active product key?: I want to find my product key so I can do a fresh windows install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-find-my-current-active-product-key/a31a14b0-3682-4ae9-a518-88e4963931cf
  3. Hi how do I find my current active product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi how do I find my current active product key?: I want to find my product key so I can do a fresh windows install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-find-my-current-active-product-key/a31a14b0-3682-4ae9-a518-88e4963931cf
  4. Hi how do I find my current active product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?: Title. submitted by /u/glez_fdezdavila_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8rnln/can_i_use_windows_10_without_activating_a_key/
  6. Building a new computer and would like to use my current Windows 10 Key.

Building a new computer and would like to use my current Windows 10 Key.: Hi all, so I bought the Windows 10 OEM key off of the Microsoft store. I have an email confirmation and the order details on the Microsoft store. However I cannot find the product key I used. Can anyone help me with finding it? submitted by /u/Energizer100 [link]...
  7. Activating Windows 10 on new hardware without a product key

Activating Windows 10 on new hardware without a product key: The motherboard has failed on my PC. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 Pro again after replacing the motherboard? I do not know my product key and I formatted the system disk when attempting to reinstall Windows....
  8. How Do I Activate My Windows Without A Product Key?

How Do I Activate My Windows Without A Product Key?: Good afternoon family. I am new here and I need some help. I got a PC from a friend and had windows 10 installed on my PC at some PC repair shop. I wish to activate it but it is asking for me to either purchase another windows 10 or use the product key; both of which am...
  9. new computer with activated windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new computer with activated windows key: just bought a new computer from acer sealed and everything. After about 15 minutes later the activate windows icon starts at the right bottom off my computer. I find the windows key with powershell "Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from...
  10. Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...

Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...: I dont mind losing the benefits of Windows 10 Pro but I just need to know if I am going to have to reinstall Windows. submitted by /u/Gonzalo1709 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef4wag/can_i_use_a_windows_10_home_key_to_activate_a/