Windows 10: How do i add a boot entry for a partition

Discus and support How do i add a boot entry for a partition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says, how can i add a boot entry for a specific partition. I have tried EasyBCD, but my system ssd is in UEFI. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arsha Haryoko, Mar 15, 2020.

1. How do i add a boot entry for a partition

Hello,

as the title says, how can i add a boot entry for a specific partition.

I have tried EasyBCD, but my system ssd is in UEFI.

Is there a workaround to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Arsha Haryoko, Mar 15, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Mar 15, 2020
  4. How do i add a boot entry for a partition

/boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile How do i add a boot entry for a partition :)

angelkiller, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

How do i add a boot entry for a partition

1. How do i add a boot entry for a partition - Similar Threads - add boot entry

2. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  3. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  4. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add entries to windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add entries to windows boot manager: Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After researching a solution I found the most simple and secure solution is to use the built in windows boot manager. I have found...
  6. WinRE, add boot menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinRE, add boot menu entry: 1909 Anyone know how to do it? (The internal drive's WinRE.) 160075
  7. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  8. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add a boot entry for windows 7?: Thanks for posting back with results and marking the thread Solved. This will help other users with the same question. *Smile
  9. How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive: As you may well know, you can now access multiple partitions on a standard removeable flash drive with version 1703. So I decided to try and create a UEFI based usb flash drive with multiple winpe partitions. I successfully managed to create an EFI partition and a Winpe...
  10. How do I boot off the partition I cloned, not the original partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I boot off the partition I cloned, not the original partition: So I'm having a lot of trouble doing my Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade (long story, other threads here), and then I realized that if I screwed up, I could damage my Windows partition *Mad, which also contains like 100+ GB of installed programs (but no real user data). I figured that...