Windows 10: How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to play with my friend on Minecraft for Windows 10. I know her gamertag, but I don't know how to add her as a friend and play with her.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlieWard1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10?

I would like to play with my friend on Minecraft for Windows 10. I know her gamertag, but I don't know how to add her as a friend and play with her. Please tell me how to do this.

:)

CharlieWard1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger Comes to Xbox 360

Microsoft Corp. today announced the launch of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360, connecting friends across Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft Windows-based PCs and Windows Mobile-powered devices. With this update to Xbox 360, friends and families can easily connect and chat directly from their television using Windows Live Messenger, a network of more than 20 billion relationships and more than 260 million active accounts.

Beginning the week of May 7, 2007, the Xbox 360 Spring Update will provide Xbox 360 owners worldwide with access to Windows Live Messenger features, broadening the communication options on the Xbox LIVE social network. Members of the 6 million-strong Xbox LIVE community currently send more than 2 million text and voice messages a day and can now use Windows Live Messenger to text chat with up to six people on their contact list at one time, while playing games, listening to music or watching movies. Text chat adds to the variety of options friends and families already have to communicate with on Xbox LIVE, including voice and video chat.

Current relationships on Windows Live Messenger and Xbox LIVE will be unified on Xbox 360 and users will see at a glance if their existing friends on Windows Live Messenger have gamertags, instantly expanding the breadth of connected experiences they can share online.

“Bringing the largest IM community in the world, Windows Live Messenger, to Xbox 360 makes sense, as Xbox LIVE has really become the largest social network on television,” said Jerry Johnson, product unit manager of Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. “For our growing community of 6 million on Xbox LIVE, using Xbox 360 is a very social, connected experience. They are using Xbox 360 to play games, music and movies while simultaneously communicating with one another through video, voice and text chat. With this announcement we are simultaneously expanding the access of Xbox LIVE users to existing friends and family while introducing Windows Live Messenger users to the benefits of Xbox 360.”

Beginning the week of May 7, users of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360 will text chat using the virtual keyboard accessible on Xbox 360, or by connecting a USB keyboard to the console. This summer Microsoft will launch a QWERTY text-input device, a new accessory that will connect directly into the Xbox 360 controller to support text and instant messaging.

Beyond Windows Live Messenger, the Spring Update for Xbox 360 includes hundreds of new features and enhancements including the following:
    • A richer Achievement notification pop-up will showcase the name of the unlocked Achievement and the gamerscore value without needing to leave the game to check the Achievements list.
    • Enhanced family settings features for Xbox LIVE communications enable different defaults for video chat and voice chat.
    • A new Xbox LIVE Marketplace blade lets Xbox LIVE members access the content they seek — whether it is game content or TV shows and movies (available in the United States) — from one place on Xbox LIVE.
    • Updates to Xbox LIVE Arcade allow owners to quickly see which Xbox LIVE Arcade games their friends are playing and join in the fun. Xbox LIVE members can also compare progress of leaderboard scores and Achievements directly with all friends on their friends list. Expanded Tell a Friend capabilities make it easier than ever to boast about Achievements and high scores.
    • A new option in Auto Downloads provides faster access to the entire collection of free, trial-version Xbox LIVE Arcade games.
    • New progressive download controls provide easy access to optimal viewing options by letting people fast-forward, rewind, pause and resume as their video is downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
    • Extension of the background download functionality will allow owners to set their Xbox 360 console to turn off automatically after downloads are complete.
    The Spring Update is free beginning the week of May 7 and is easily accessible to every Xbox 360 owner through Xbox LIVE or on Xbox.com.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jan 18, 2019
  3. SIcam Win User
    XBox: How to remove a "friend"?

How do I remove a "friend" from Xbox in Windows 10?

Background: Xbox auto-suggested friends. I'd never seen the screen, so intended to find out who the first suggested person was by viewing their profile. Was the person from my contact list, or just a random person? Unfortunately, the click caused this
    complete (probably) stranger to be my first "friend." No thanks. I want to know who I'm adding. I don't see any place to remove this stranger.

SIcam, Jan 18, 2019
  4. How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10?

Xbox live

Hi Jordan,

Let’s isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox One or Windows 10?
    • Are you trying to play a game online? If yes, may we know what is this game?
    • Are you using an Xbox Live account?

Online gaming on an Xbox console requires an Xbox Gold Membership. Refer to this

link
    for the steps on how to join Xbox Live Gold after setting up your Xbox One console. Another way to sign up is by visiting this
    link.

You may also visit
    Xbox Live Gold changes FAQ for more information.

Looking forward to your response

Catherine Cus., Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10?

1. How do I add a friend on Xbox Live on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - add friend Xbox

2. My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this?: My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-add-friends-within-fortnite-on-his/657dd67a-1595-4c0d-8c94-38300c348274
  3. My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this?: My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-add-friends-within-fortnite-on-his/657dd67a-1595-4c0d-8c94-38300c348274
  4. My son cannot add friends within fortnite on his xbox how do i allow this?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Xbox live connectivity is blocked how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox live connectivity is blocked how do I fix?: Hello, recently I have not been able to join xbox parties on my pc because it says my xbox live connectivity is blocked and I do not know how to fix this sometimes it says my nat type is closed or blocked but it will also show open. I've recently spoofed my hwid which could...
  6. Xbox live connectivity is blocked how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox live connectivity is blocked how do I fix?: Hello, recently I have not been able to join xbox parties on my pc because it says my xbox live connectivity is blocked and I do not know how to fix this sometimes it says my nat type is closed or blocked but it will also show open. I've recently spoofed my hwid which could...
  7. Xbox live connectivity is blocked how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. IF IM USING XBOX LIVE ON WINDOWS 10 DO I NEED XBOX LIVE GOLD FOR MINECRAFT AND XBOX APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IF IM USING XBOX LIVE ON WINDOWS 10 DO I NEED XBOX LIVE GOLD FOR MINECRAFT AND XBOX APP: DO I NEED GOLD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-im-using-xbox-live-on-windows-10-do-i-need-xbox/e2795e2d-b0df-4925-a7da-f130530c57bc
  9. how do i add disney to my xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add disney to my xbox: I have subscribed to disney plus but my xbox dont have it how do i put app in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-disney-to-my-xbox/1847ccf9-0845-4ce6-ace6-e806be6a6f78
  10. how do i cancel xbox live gold membership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i cancel xbox live gold membership: how do i cancel my xbox live gold membership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-xbox-live-gold-membership/c9e0c9f5-8fb5-4bb6-9f40-3b30a1c2de7d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add friends on xbox live on pc

2. how to add friends on xbox pc

3. how to add a friend on xbox live

4. how do i friend someone on the xbox live ,
  5. how to add friend on xbox live,
  6. add friend xbox pc,
  7. how to add friends on xbox live,
  8. how to friend someone on xbox pc,
  9. how to add friends on xbox live pc,
  10. how to friend people on xbox pc,
  11. xbox live add friend,