Windows 10: How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu

Discus and support How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya...I created a new folder in the start menu folder but it does not show in the All Apps List? 58936 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deblk, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Deblk Win User

How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu

Hiya...I created a new folder in the start menu folder but it does not show in the All Apps List?

:)

Deblk, Aug 4, 2016

2. How do I add a program to "All Apps" in the start menu after I have once removed it?

I did not delete the program, I simply removed it from "All Apps" in the start menu by opening the shortcut's file location and deleting that. I still have the program installed and I can access it by going through program files.

As I've said before, I want to add Opera back into All Apps and be able to search for it, but everything I've done so far has only been able to pin it to the start menu as a tile.

Please read back to my first post thoroughly to understand the situation.

comradfish, Aug 4, 2016
  3. How do I add a program to "All Apps" in the start menu after I have once removed it?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• How did you delete the program?

• Are you able to access the program?

If you are not able to find Opera Software in programs and features list, I suggest you to restart the system and install it and verify the result.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, this has been discussed a number of times- see discussion here for example which I've found for you.
    Solved Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu - Windows 10 Forums

The Win 10 start menu is very awkward to manipulate compared to e.g. Win 7 and its predecessors.
    If you want a start menu that correctly represents a start menu with folders and subfolders, try e.g. Classic Shell (free).
    (You can still use Win 10's start menu as well with that installed).

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Deblk Win User
    Ok thanks *Smile

Deblk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I add a new folder to the All Apps list in start menu - Similar Threads - add folder Apps

2. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  3. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  4. How can I create a folder in my start menu's app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a folder in my start menu's app list?: I like to organise my programs apps hierarchically which was easy on Windows 7. I've tried writing to %programdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs and %appdata/..., and although I can see the folders that are there at the moment, adding another folder has no effect....
  5. How can I create a folder in my start menu's app list?

How can I create a folder in my start menu's app list?: I like to organise my programs apps hierarchically which was easy on Windows 7. I've tried writing to %programdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs and %appdata/..., and although I can see the folders that are there at the moment, adding another folder has no effect....
  6. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  7. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu: So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed...
  8. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  9. How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?

How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?: I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. [img] [img] 12802
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i added a new folder to my start menu but its not showing up in my apps menu