Windows 10: How do I add a new name to the dictionary

Discus and support How do I add a new name to the dictionary in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I add names into the dictionary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BruceMerrill, May 8, 2019.

1. How do I add a new name to the dictionary

How do I add names into the dictionary

:)

BruceMerrill, May 8, 2019

2. How to add new words to the built in dictionary in Omnia 7

You can't add them directly, but there is a way within spell check. If you have several you know you want to enter, open a word doc, and type your company name in with a space behind it.Tap the name and it will have a squiggly underline. At the bottom where
    the suggestions are, the first one will be your company name with a little plus in front of it. Tap that and it will be added to the dictionary.

If your company name is close enough to something that WP automatically 'fixes' it for you when you hit space, (the first item in the suggestion list is bold), don't worry, tap the replaced word, and again the first word in the suggestion list will be what
    you typed originally, with a plus in front. Again hitting the word/plus will add the word.

That is a good hint for anytime WP replaces a word for you didn't want replaced. Just tap what it put in and your word will be first in the list of suggestions.

Be careful, as I know how to get things into the list...I haven't a clue how you would get a mistake out How do I add a new name to the dictionary ;)

Sven Johannsen, May 8, 2019
  3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, May 8, 2019
  4. Feathers Win User

How do I add a new name to the dictionary

Dictionary in Word?

Thank you so much 1x07. I've put the Collins Dictionary into My Add-ins and I've put an icon for it on the quick access toolbar. When I click that icon it takes me to the list of add-ons and I then have to click the Collins Dictionary tab to get it open. Is there any way I can avoid having to do two moves? Can it be set up so that the Dictionary opens by just clicking the tookbar icon? Kind regards to you and many thanks for your help.

Feathers, May 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I add a new name to the dictionary

1. How do I add a new name to the dictionary - Similar Threads - add name dictionary

2. How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?: One can add custom words, but how about a new language dictionary?ThanksP.S. I know that this does not belong to the MS Edge Sub-Category. But Phone Link doesn't have a Sub-Category....
  3. How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?: One can add custom words, but how about a new language dictionary?ThanksP.S. I know that this does not belong to the MS Edge Sub-Category. But Phone Link doesn't have a Sub-Category....
  4. How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?

How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?: I installed Windows 10 on my computer. It asked me to create an account from 3 options: email, phone and skype, I used the email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that is tied to my Microsoft account. This creates a default user named "Dave." I want a user...
  5. How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?: I installed Windows 10 on my computer. It asked me to create an account from 3 options: email, phone and skype, I used the email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that is tied to my Microsoft account. This creates a default user named "Dave." I want a user...
  6. How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add to custom dictionary Microsoft IME: With the Japanese IME, there are certain kanji that don't show up in that dropdown list when I type the reading. E.g. to . I tried adding these myself with the Microsoft IME User Dictionary Tool, but it's not working. I can see the word was successfully added to the...
  8. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b
  9. In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?

In Inking & Typing Personalization how do I edit the personal dictionary?: My Personal Dictionary has several misprints that I would like to delete. How do I edit the Personal Dictionary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-inking-typing-personalization-how-do-i-edit-the/9835957e-aca9-4feb-8257-96a040308c47
  10. How do I add new .java file to context new menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add new .java file to context new menu?: Hello, I want create a new blank java source code file from the context menu when I right click in a folder and select new. I have tried adding a registry edit with the following code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.java\ShellNew]...