Windows 10: How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

Discus and support How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015.

1. xGMANx Win User

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

Hey guys

I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there. The only time I see a picture now is if I'm using my Microsoft Account. Thanks ☺

:)

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 30, 2015
  3. For security reasons, how do I add a local account to my new computer, (make it my administrator) and then change my Microsoft account to a "standard" account for everyday use?

For security reasons setting up a new computer on the Windows 10 platform, I want to add a local account (which I would make my
    administrator account and use for settings changes only) and then change my existing Microsoft account to a
    "Standard" account to use for everyday work and play.

My understanding is that as in the past, it is still safer security wise to do day-to-day work on a "standard account" as opposed to an "Administrator" account. Does this make sense?

Steven_spot, Jul 30, 2015
  4. xGMANx Win User

Anyone? I know when I use my Microsoft Account I get my picture in the bootscreen. But how do you get one for the local account? Is just a grey icon?

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  5. cyberSAR Win User
    Settings > Accounts > Your picture

cyberSAR, Jul 30, 2015
  6. xGMANx Win User
    Already done that..

But when I boot, this is what I get..

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account  so it can be seen  on the [​IMG]

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  7. cyberSAR Win User
    Cute dog! Sorry I can't be any further help. Mine worked using a .jpg stored in my picture folder.

cyberSAR, Jul 30, 2015
  8. xGMANx Win User

Haha. So again, if I use my Microsoft Account and have to enter a password at boot (I get the the picture on the splash screen) but in a local account it is grey.

I'm now wondering if it's possible to get a picture?

xGMANx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the - Similar Threads - Add Picture Local

2. How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?: How do I scan pics so I can work with them on my computor I have Epson home 225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-so-i-can-manipulte-pictures/773c5e80-080b-469b-ad68-8bd49e7ddeb8
  3. Can I add new devices to my MS account?

Can I add new devices to my MS account?: I use the same Microsoft account on three computers and I’d like to add another one. Can I add a new device to my Microsoft account or I have to remove one of them to be able to add another one? Thank you....
  4. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  5. How can I add a new contact and save it ?

How can I add a new contact and save it ?: hoaw can I add a neew contact to yahoo mail and have it saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-a-new-contact-and-save-it/f4cb4c66-f34b-45c0-a316-345fafb14c1b
  6. How do I add a Local Account to my PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add a Local Account to my PC: I sign in to my PC with a Microsoft Account. How do I set up an additional Local Account for myself on the PC? I have Windows 10 Home...Creators Update 1703. The guide on the forum for creating another account on a PC is similar but reads a bit differently to what I'm seeing...
  7. Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update): I’ve just installed Win10 Creators Update. When I went to create an account for my sister (Add a family member) it seemed impossible to do so without using an email address. I merely wanted a simple account for her to use when she visits. I was able to do this by creating...
  8. I can not add an email account

I can not add an email account: Hello, I can not add a new account in the configuration of Windows 10, or manage existing account. pressing to add or manage opens for a second the new window and closes without displaying any errors or anything. [img] 58962
  9. How do I get back to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get back to local account: I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back to local account. 3122
  10. How do I convert back to a local account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I convert back to a local account?: Hey, So, not sure what it is that I did but something to do with one of the Microsoft services had me sign in using my email and password to the live Microsoft stuff (might have been trying to play solitaire). Now when I boot up my desktop, it's always asking me for my...