Windows 10: How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

Discus and support How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015.

1. xGMANx Win User

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

Hey guys

I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there. The only time I see a picture now is if I'm using my Microsoft Account. Thanks ☺

:)

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 30, 2015
  3. For security reasons, how do I add a local account to my new computer, (make it my administrator) and then change my Microsoft account to a "standard" account for everyday use?

For security reasons setting up a new computer on the Windows 10 platform, I want to add a local account (which I would make my
    administrator account and use for settings changes only) and then change my existing Microsoft account to a
    "Standard" account to use for everyday work and play.

My understanding is that as in the past, it is still safer security wise to do day-to-day work on a "standard account" as opposed to an "Administrator" account. Does this make sense?

Steven_spot, Jul 30, 2015
  4. xGMANx Win User

Anyone? I know when I use my Microsoft Account I get my picture in the bootscreen. But how do you get one for the local account? Is just a grey icon?

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  5. cyberSAR Win User
    Settings > Accounts > Your picture

cyberSAR, Jul 30, 2015
  6. xGMANx Win User
    Already done that..

But when I boot, this is what I get..

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account  so it can be seen  on the [​IMG]

xGMANx, Jul 30, 2015
  7. cyberSAR Win User
    Cute dog! Sorry I can't be any further help. Mine worked using a .jpg stored in my picture folder.

cyberSAR, Jul 30, 2015
  8. xGMANx Win User

Haha. So again, if I use my Microsoft Account and have to enter a password at boot (I get the the picture on the splash screen) but in a local account it is grey.

I'm now wondering if it's possible to get a picture?

xGMANx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the - Similar Threads - Add Picture Local

2. How do I add an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add an account?: I just got a computer with windows 10 from my dad and I want to add my Microsoft account to it. I’ve gone through the proper channels in settings, settings>accounts>family & others, and whenever I click on “Add a family member” or “Add someone to this PC” all I get is a gray...
  3. How do I add an account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add an account?: I just got a computer with windows 10 from my dad and I want to add my Microsoft account to it. I’ve gone through the proper channels in settings, settings>accounts>family & others, and whenever I click on “Add a family member” or “Add someone to this PC” all I get is a gray...
  4. How do I add an account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove account picture on local pc

How to remove account picture on local pc: I have looked into this other post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount-omyinfo/how-to-remove-profile-picture/865fa00f-1dea-4298-889b-df4cd2d3a96a?auth=1My profile online does not have an account picture, but my local pc still has one. I wanted to...
  6. Can I add a local account to Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add a local account to Microsoft Store?: Hi there, I recently switched from Microsoft account to a local account, but with the same email address .There is no issue with that as I have removed my Microsoft account from my device , but the Microsoft store app still shows my old 'Microsoft' account and I would like...
  7. Microsoft account is seen as a local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft account is seen as a local account: Windows 10 doesn't recognise my Microsoft account and sees it as a local account, i can't seem to find a option to change this. I'm using the exact same Live account on 3 PC's, but just this one PC is giving me this strange issue, it won't even let me set a PIN like it does...
  8. How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?

How do I scan so I can manipulte pictures?: How do I scan pics so I can work with them on my computor I have Epson home 225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-so-i-can-manipulte-pictures/773c5e80-080b-469b-ad68-8bd49e7ddeb8
  9. How do I add a Local Account to my PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add a Local Account to my PC: I sign in to my PC with a Microsoft Account. How do I set up an additional Local Account for myself on the PC? I have Windows 10 Home...Creators Update 1703. The guide on the forum for creating another account on a PC is similar but reads a bit differently to what I'm seeing...
  10. Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update): I’ve just installed Win10 Creators Update. When I went to create an account for my sister (Add a family member) it seemed impossible to do so without using an email address. I merely wanted a simple account for her to use when she visits. I was able to do this by creating...