Windows 10: How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

Discus and support How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add my acer laptop to my list of Microsoft devices to download the Minecraft game I purchased. I am signed into to my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharleneDoyle, Dec 12, 2021.

1. How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

I am trying to add my acer laptop to my list of Microsoft devices to download the Minecraft game I purchased. I am signed into to my Microsoft account on the laptop but I keep receiving the message that there are no devices connected or available. Please help

:)

CharleneDoyle, Dec 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account? :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Dec 12, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 12, 2021
  4. flemmingk Win User

How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Dec 12, 2021
Thema:

How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

1. How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account? - Similar Threads - add non Microsoft

2. How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?: Can't add Android device to my microsoft account. I have "Phone Link" working between my phone and PC. But, my Microsoft Account would show or add my android device....
  3. How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?: Can't add Android device to my microsoft account. I have "Phone Link" working between my phone and PC. But, my Microsoft Account would show or add my android device....
  4. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  5. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  6. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

7. Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.: I bought a new non-Microsoft laptop. I am trying to add this laptop to the list of my devices. I cannot find a way to perform this function....
  8. Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.

Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.: I bought a new non-Microsoft laptop. I am trying to add this laptop to the list of my devices. I cannot find a way to perform this function....
  9. How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?: I am trying to add my acer laptop to my list of Microsoft devices to download the Minecraft game I purchased. I am signed into to my Microsoft account on the laptop but I keep receiving the message that there are no devices connected or available. Please help...
  10. How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?: I accidentally removed the one of the two PCs under devices on my Microsoft account, I can now only see the device that I didn't remove and I couldn't find any other thread online that dealt with this issue. Both PCs are on Windows 10. Thanks....