Windows 10: How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

Discus and support How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time my kid gets hold of my phone they go into Family Safety and start removing parental controls. I need to be able to set a password or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RealOnyxruby, May 17, 2022.

1. How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

Every time my kid gets hold of my phone they go into Family Safety and start removing parental controls. I need to be able to set a password or authentication method separate from the login for the phone or computer itself. It’s not reasonable to keep my phone or computer locked 100% of the time. Parental controls don’t do any good if kids can disable them without anything verifying who they are!

:)

RealOnyxruby, May 17, 2022

2. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 17, 2022
  3. Family Safety Password Change

Hi,

First, you need to make sure you are logged into the computer as the Administrator. If you setup your children's account as an Administrator, you should be able to change their passwords. Then follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select
      Change Password
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, May 17, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, May 17, 2022
Thema:

How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

1. How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety? - Similar Threads - add password authentication

2. how do i switch of microsoft family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i switch of microsoft family safety: i want to switch of family safety https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-of-microsoft-family-safety/b401aab1-2697-4d59-8d80-c32e8d3af186
  3. how do i switch of microsoft family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i switch of microsoft family safety: i want to switch of family safety https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-of-microsoft-family-safety/b401aab1-2697-4d59-8d80-c32e8d3af186
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  6. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I add a password to Family Safety and get notified of changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a password to Family Safety and get notified of changes?: How do parents add a password to the Family Safety application? Parents explicitly need something more than just their login password or phone PIN. Parents also need to be notified if settings have been changed and what those changes were. Family Safety is functionally...
  8. How do I add a password to Family Safety and get notified of changes?

How do I add a password to Family Safety and get notified of changes?: How do parents add a password to the Family Safety application? Parents explicitly need something more than just their login password or phone PIN. Parents also need to be notified if settings have been changed and what those changes were. Family Safety is functionally...
  9. How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?: Every time my kid gets hold of my phone they go into Family Safety and start removing parental controls. I need to be able to set a password or authentication method separate from the login for the phone or computer itself. It’s not reasonable to keep my phone or computer...
  10. Unable to add organiser in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add organiser in Family Safety: hi, i tried to add organizer in my family group but it keeps encountering error message: " Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while." can anyone advised?...