Windows 10: How do I add a remote printer?

Discus and support How do I add a remote printer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I add a remote printer? The computer that has the printer attached is wired to my wireless router. I want to print to that printer from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hjaAZ1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. hjaAZ1 Win User

How do I add a remote printer?

How do I add a remote printer? The computer that has the printer attached is wired to my wireless router. I want to print to that printer from laptops that are connected to the same router via 2G or 5G.

:)

hjaAZ1, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 26, 2019
  3. sagrant Win User
    Can't connect to remote printer

I thought this would solve my problem since I have the IP addresses of two of the printers . alas when I click "My printer is not listed, I get the Windows 10 Error Message "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine". I have not been able to restart the spooler and I have restarted the machine umpteen times.
    Stuart

sagrant, Aug 26, 2019
  4. How do I add a remote printer?

Can't connect to remote printer

If you can find out what the IP of the printer is. Here's what I did, it's tucked away in Settings/Devices.

Click add a printer or scanner in this screen.

How do I add a remote printer? [​IMG]

Then click "the printer that I want isn't listed.

In this screen there are various options to try.

You can try the IP in both boxes, seems to work

then hopefully

Why it's tucked away beggars belief.

Torquemada, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I add a remote printer?

1. How do I add a remote printer? - Similar Threads - add remote printer

2. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  3. how to add my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add my printer: I keep trying to add my printer that was hooked up before I got a different internet provider now it tells me it is offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-my-printer/166fbfb8-3ab9-40dc-aede-723df11dfd13
  4. how to add my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add my printer: I keep trying to add my printer that was hooked up before I got a different internet provider now it tells me it is offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-my-printer/166fbfb8-3ab9-40dc-aede-723df11dfd13
  5. How do I add a link to my printer on the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a link to my printer on the task bar?: How do I add an icon to my desktop or task bar for the printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-link-to-my-printer-on-the-task-bar/98829307-c9e6-4c2c-827e-9f8ae537053e
  6. How do I add a link to my printer on the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add a link to my printer on the task bar?: How do I add an icon to my desktop or task bar for the printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-link-to-my-printer-on-the-task-bar/98829307-c9e6-4c2c-827e-9f8ae537053e
  7. Add printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add printer: Hi, can someone help? Can't add printer to remote server, another 10 I added. this no way. Thanks [img] 152578
  8. add a printer

add a printer: laptop doesn't recognize printer or can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-printer/f6c8ef28-f8db-4258-93f1-d4518876ac9e
  9. How do I add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop?

How do I add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop?: I am not sure why they made it so hard but I cannot figure out how to add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-printer-icon-to-my-windows-10/d5cdc98f-2a26-453f-bf78-e4073638fc73
  10. How to add printer problem

How to add printer problem: I received a printer from someone that I am trying to wirelessly add to network but it doesn't show up on the available list of things I can add, even when I try and refresh the list. So what is the next step?...