Windows 10: How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

Discus and support How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonnyKS, Mar 25, 2023.

1. JonnyKS Win User

How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or email.”

:)

JonnyKS, Mar 25, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Hi wiz0213

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Your Info, is the School Account Email listed there?

Select Emails and Accounts, is the School Account Email listed there?

Select Access Work or School, is the School Account Email listed there?

DaveM121, Mar 25, 2023
  3. EmilyS726 Win User
    Unlink School Account

You don't have to worry about your school account linked to your laptop. As long as it is not listed under "Access Work or School" it is fine.

EmilyS726, Mar 25, 2023
  4. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

1. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop? - Similar Threads - add school Microsoft

2. how do i take off a account on a school laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i take off a account on a school laptop: how do i take off a account on a school laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-off-a-account-on-a-school-laptop/8f0aa12c-d115-4906-9283-dd132c5d9156
  3. how do i take off a account on a school laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i take off a account on a school laptop: how do i take off a account on a school laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-off-a-account-on-a-school-laptop/8f0aa12c-d115-4906-9283-dd132c5d9156
  4. How do i recover my school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  5. How do i recover my school account?

How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  6. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  7. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  8. Why do I need to add a phone number to put my school account on my laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I need to add a phone number to put my school account on my laptop?: I'm trying to sign in with my school account with my laptop but it won't let me set it up without a phone number. I'm not going to put my personal cell phone details for a school computer? What is wrong with Microsoft?...
  9. Why do I need to add a phone number to put my school account on my laptop?

Why do I need to add a phone number to put my school account on my laptop?: I'm trying to sign in with my school account with my laptop but it won't let me set it up without a phone number. I'm not going to put my personal cell phone details for a school computer? What is wrong with Microsoft?...
  10. Why do I need to add a phone number to put my school account on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming