Windows 10: How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello

Discus and support How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello My young children have email accounts - one gmail account and a 2 have hotmail accounts. For the children with hotmail accounts, 1 logs into a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lojotor, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Lojotor Win User

How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello

Hello

My young children have email accounts - one gmail account and a 2 have hotmail accounts. For the children with hotmail accounts, 1 logs into a windows 10 laptop with that hotmail account and has a Windows Hello pin, and the other does not use it for logging into any computers and does not have a Windows Hello pin.

They are all gmail and hotmail accounts set up as family children in my Microsoft account.

I have a computer that I use. I would like to add all my childrens email accounts to my Mail app on my computer so I can monitor their email.

I'm able to add my child that has a gmail account with no problem, I can see his emails in my Mail app.

However when I add my children that have hotmail accounts I get prompted to authenticate the kids with their Windows Hello pins.

Attempt to add hotmail account with Windows Hello pin

When I try to add the kid that uses his hotmail account on his windows 10 laptop it to Mail it asks for his pin, when I enter the valid pin number it says "The PIN is incorrect. Try again."

How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello 0c81b53a-1d03-4201-93d0-857eab81e3df?upload=true.png

Attempt to add account with no Windows Hello configured

When I try to add the email of the kid that doesn't have Windows Hello set up first it give me this prompt:

How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello 8acbbfd5-c065-4280-85c6-297f99bf2dd1?upload=true.png

Then it takes me to this screen where I'm asked for his pin number anyway.

How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello 45cdae58-28b6-4050-a5b7-e0e7653b42f4?upload=true.png

So my question is how do I add my kids hotmail accounts to my windows 10 Mail app? Im not sure why its asking for the Windows Hello pin? and when I enter the valid pin for one kid I'm not sure why its not authenticating that pin.

help appreciated!

thanks!

Lojo

:)

Lojotor, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello - Similar Threads - add second microsoft

2. How do I add a Microsoft Account to Windows without using my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a Microsoft Account to Windows without using my PIN: I want to add multiple microsoft accounts to my Windows 11 so I could play minecraft with different accounts, but when I add a new account, it forces me to setup Windows Hello or verify my PIN, this pisses me off a lot, I haven't been getting any sleep because of this. PLEASE...
  3. How do I add a Microsoft Account to Windows without using my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add a Microsoft Account to Windows without using my PIN: I want to add multiple microsoft accounts to my Windows 11 so I could play minecraft with different accounts, but when I add a new account, it forces me to setup Windows Hello or verify my PIN, this pisses me off a lot, I haven't been getting any sleep because of this. PLEASE...
  4. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  5. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  6. How can I add a workplace account to the Mail App

How can I add a workplace account to the Mail App: When I try to add a workplace (Office 365) account to the Mail or Calendar app on my W10 Pro Desktop it either doesn't recognise my credentials or doesn't sync any information. I have successfully added it as a workplace account in Settings>Accounts and it works fine in...
  7. How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop?: How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-multiple-email-accounts-to-microsoft/b5205c4f-3f62-4cfc-9306-a3e9a4230d6c
  8. Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail?: It makes no sense to me that, in order to add a second mail account to Windows Mail, I need to activate Windows Hello on the account and provide my fingerprint or PIN. Who designed this feature this way and why? Some of us are not comfortable having our face or fingerprints...
  9. How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10: Hi, I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues with Windows 10. I've already seen this post - Solved Does mail run in the background? - Windows 10 Forums of your forum where...
  10. Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Delete Accounts in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding hotmail to windows without hello