Windows 10: How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc.

Discus and support How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I add USB (drive F) on my computer in addition to E etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by engineerRX, Jul 25, 2019.

1. How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc.

How do I add USB (drive F) on my computer in addition to E etc

:)

engineerRX, Jul 25, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 25, 2019
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Jul 25, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc.

How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc.

1. How do I add a USB (drive F) on mycomputer in addition to E etc. - Similar Threads - add USB drive

2. how do i install to a usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i install to a usb drive: im trying to install something on the microsoft store i have a usb drive i use for storage cause the computer is full how do i download it to the usb drive??...
  3. How do I add additional space to my C drive from my D drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I add additional space to my C drive from my D drive?: My C drive is running out of space and I need additional space coming from my D Drive. I am not expert in any of this. How do I do it without losing any of my files or anything. Below is the screenshot of my disk management. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  4. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. the in-built bitlocker only shows drive C to encrypt but I want to encrypt other drives too. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-bitlocker-in-drive-defg/9e58fec6-4ed9-485e-8410-d54bb3997e2d"
  5. chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix: trying to run this cmd on a micro sd card that windows 10, or any device I insert the card into, doesn't see, or I can't find. "cannot open volume for direct access" is what it says after pressing enter....
  6. Method of preventing W10 install USB drives from taking D:, E: etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Method of preventing W10 install USB drives from taking D:, E: etc.: This is quite frustrating. The Windows install assigns the first drive letter after C: to the USB drive it installs from. I want D:,E:,F: etc. available for secondary system drives without having to do 2-3 drive letter switches in Disk Management or unmounting the drive, as I...
  7. MyComputer Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MyComputer Shortcut: I want to make an shortcut icon of the Local C or PC for the desktop - not just on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mycomputer-shortcut/c827189e-1a65-40bf-b30b-0c448a872628"
  8. How do I add an additional email account to my laptop? It is Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I add an additional email account to my laptop? It is Windows 10: Hi, I need to add my work address to my laptop. I currently have Outlook installed with a Cox address. I need to add my business address, which is supported by goDaddy. Thanks Adam Schwartz...
  9. How do I reconnect my e-drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reconnect my e-drive?: Error message is: An error occurred while reconnectin E to \\BA-238D1b\Games Microsoft Windows Network is no longer available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-reconnect-my-e-drive/eee91354-9957-49b4-b4ef-36d43d2edf6d
  10. How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add a second winpe boot entry to a UEFI usb drive: As you may well know, you can now access multiple partitions on a standard removeable flash drive with version 1703. So I decided to try and create a UEFI based usb flash drive with multiple winpe partitions. I successfully managed to create an EFI partition and a Winpe...