Windows 10: how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

Discus and support how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to i add all photos i have on my connected phone to me exsisting windows pc camera roll so all in one place when i activate camera roll setting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by todd larocque, May 28, 2023.

1. how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

how to i add all photos i have on my connected phone to me exsisting windows pc camera roll so all in one place when i activate camera roll setting on my idle screen

:)

todd larocque, May 28, 2023
  2. NosmoRex Win User

Camera roll on phone is empty, but photos are there

I connected my Lumia 920 to my Windows 8 laptop to download some pictures but the Windows phone app does not show any media on my phone. The phone had been connected to my Surface RT earlier in the day, but I had not noticed any issues. Now the same behavior
    is present on both my laptop and my Surface. Both detect the phone when connected, and launch the Windows Phone app, but all that is displayed is the store. It correctly displays the name of the phone and the phone number. When I look at the camera roll on
    the phone, no photos are present. I *can* browse the camera roll folder using File Explorer on my laptop, and can see the photos, so I know they are there. New photos appear in the camera roll and are visible with File Explorer with all the other old photos.
    My music library on the phone appears to be intact.

I have restarted the phone several times.

I do not use SkyDrive for storing photos (at least not automatically).

No removable media is present in the phone.

When I open the camera roll on my phone, I don't see any photos (except new), and the app will crash (closes on its own and returns to the start screen).

I haven't received any phone updates recently.

Phone OS version: 8.0.1.10211.204

FW Rev: 1232.5962.1314.0001

HW Rev: 1.0.0.0

Carrier: AT&T

Region: US

Additional info:

I tried syncing the photos to my Windows 7 work laptop using the Windows 7 app, and got mulitple error messages like the following: "We couldn't copy WP_20130202_001.jpg to the PC. Something happened that we didn't expect. But if you call support, tell them
    you saw this error code: 83003018". The Windows 7 app *does* see all the photos in the camera roll folder.

When browsing the files on the phone using Windows Explorer, all the thumbnails show the same picture, but when you open them, they display correctly.

The Windows Phone Support Twitter account has been assisting me with the troubleshooting.

These steps have been taken:

• Moved the pictures from the camera roll to a folder on my PC using Windows Explorer. Rebooted phone.
    • Copied the pictures back to the camera roll folder on the phone. Pictures appear, but are duplicated.
    • Deleted the camera roll folder on the phone. Rebooted. Took a new picture. New photo displays along with old photos on the phone. Only new picture is visible in Explorer.
    • Using Win7 app (RTM) discovered that the app can see all the photos, but folder data is not present.
    • Manually deleted all the pictures on the phone. and rebooted. Took new picture. Only the new picture is displayed on the phone and in Explorer. Had to select each photo manually, as the "select all" option was not available.
    • Copied the pictures back to the phone with Explorer. Duplicates created again.
    • Copied one of the duplicates to a new folder on the phone. No duplicate created in destination folder.
    I've been asked to try syncing other types content with the Win7 app, but believe it or not, I don't have access to a Windows 7 PC at home. It will have to wait until I go back to work on Monday.

I have a bad feeling this is going to lead to a phone reset (or worse).

Tried using the Win7 desktop app today per @WinPhoneSupport's suggestion to sync "other" media. I was able to sync music to my PC without errors and no duplications.

NosmoRex, May 28, 2023
  3. garym123 Win User
    No Photos in Camera Roll directory

Either way the photo would be on your phone.

Bluetooth the picture to the PC.

You can't take a picture while connected, The phone can not update camera roll files.

If you have a feature suggestion speak up at Windows Phone Feature Suggestion Box, to let your voice go beyond this forum.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-fe​ature-suggestions

garym123, May 28, 2023
  4. PaulC_1 Win User

how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

Only some of the photos in camera roll are synced to my PC

OK, I'm going to suggest things that may seem obvious and which you possibly have already tried, but I am asking them just to help isolote the issue.

Please clarify a couple of things:

1. Check what the actual path is to this directory from Zune: Settings, Phone, Pictures & Videos - and look for "Zune saves pictures and videos form your phone etc..." option and see what directory is listed there)

2. Have you tried searching from your PC desktop for one of the pictures with a (2) or (3) next to them -- from your PC using the Search feature on WinXP, or the Desktop Search feature for Vista/WIn7? Search for: WP_*.jpg

Further clarification:

The reason some pictures have (2)'s or (3)'s next to them is because your Computer found other files in the same directory with the same file name as the ones you are importing from the phone. It renamed the new ones by adding (2) or (3) next to them. If Zune
    is doing this, then the images with (2)' and (3)'s must have been in the same directory as older photos of the same name when they were first imported by Zune. {Edit: This sounds like it happened when you appended the same photos from the CD-ROM to the ones
    already in this directory.]

To explain, the Camera Roll starts naming photos as WP_000001.jpg; WP_000002.jpg; WP_000003.jpg; etc.

If you import these photos to your computer, Zune keeps the file name and saves it to your default import directory for pics and videos. I found that when I reset my phone, the Camera Roll is obviously empty and so starts the file name count for new photos
    stored on the phone from scratch - WP_000001.jpg.

Now when I import the new photos to my computer, Zune looks in the import directory on my PC and sees that WP_000001.jpg already exists there, and so saves the newly imported file as WP_000001 (2).jpg. If for whatever reason (a phone reset perhaps) the Camera
    Roll has restarted the naming count for photos, then Zune will import the new photo, and seeing that the same file name exists in the import directory, will save the new photo as the same filename but with a (3) next to it. [EDIT: Zune will do this too if
    you copy the same pictures from the ones you burnt onto a CD-ROM and appended to this directory)

3. Go to the Camera Roll directory on your PC via the Window's file explorer, and sort the photos by "Name" and see if any group of photos in the list show up in a pattern similar to this:

WP_000001

WP_000001 (2)

WP_000001 (3)

If not then it is possible that the ones with (2) and (3) beside them are in a subdirectory of My Pictures or some other place on your PC. Please try a desktop search mentioned in step 2. above.

PaulC

EDIT: Again without meaning to state the obvious, but when you are in Zune software, "collection", "Pictures", under Albums, instead of clicking on the "My Pictures -- Nokia Lumia 900 -- Camera Roll" menu, just click on "My Pictures -- Nokia Lumia 900" and
    see if the count of photos changes at all. Right now I have a couple of directorys on my pc under "My Pictures -- Nokia Lumia 800" Clicking on the Parent directory will include a count and display of all photos from the subdirectories.

PaulC_1, May 28, 2023
Thema:

how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

1. how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos... - Similar Threads - add photos connected

2. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All photos have disappeared from PC: Only 2 adults have access to PC and neither bof us have deleted as they are precious memories. Don't understand how this has happened am Distraught. PLEASE HELP!...
  3. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos have disappeared from PC: Only 2 adults have access to PC and neither bof us have deleted as they are precious memories. Don't understand how this has happened am Distraught. PLEASE HELP!...
  4. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...: how to i add all photos i have on my connected phone to me exsisting windows pc camera roll so all in one place when i activate camera roll setting on my idle screen...
  6. how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i add all photos from my connected phone and pc to me pc camera roll so all photos...: how to i add all photos i have on my connected phone to me exsisting windows pc camera roll so all in one place when i activate camera roll setting on my idle screen...
  7. Photos wont let me import all the photos I want from my phone to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos wont let me import all the photos I want from my phone to my computer.: I want to import all the photos with my phone but it wont let me. I want to import 1613 photos, but a error pops out. I dont know what the problem is if its too many photos but if I do it one by one it'll take forever....
  8. Photos wont let me import all the photos I want from my phone to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos wont let me import all the photos I want from my phone to my computer.: I want to import all the photos with my phone but it wont let me. I want to import 1613 photos, but a error pops out. I dont know what the problem is if its too many photos but if I do it one by one it'll take forever....
  9. how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos

how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos: how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos I am new to PHOTOS and find it the most unusable APP ever produced. When I work on a video project it is a one time deal and I do not want it stored on my PC. I work on a project on a usb stick from start to finish then store...
  10. Photos from Camera Roll

Photos from Camera Roll: I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-camera-roll/4e2bd2c2-4e85-492e-8009-a39ef20ea719"