Windows 10: how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

Discus and support how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I add an app in Microsoft Photos program. I used to be able to right click on "open with" and get to Lightroom, now it won't and i tried adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColetteFL, Jun 21, 2019.

1. ColetteFL Win User

how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

How do I add an app in Microsoft Photos program. I used to be able to right click on "open with" and get to Lightroom, now it won't and i tried adding apps like it instructed me, but it's not working. Very frustrating.

:)

ColetteFL, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 21, 2019
  4. how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

1. how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"... - Similar Threads - add app open

2. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  3. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  4. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: I don't have office 365, but I can use office.com to access my word document. However, I also like to open my Word doc on my local disk with wordpad in case I need to do a quick update without going to the web. How can I add the wordpad app to "Open With" menu so I don't need...
  6. How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?: I'm following this guide Windows custom sound events - Super User for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody please tell me if this guide will work and how to add a playsound (and where) for Brave.exe browser? I might be doing it wrong...
  7. How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10

How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10: Hi everybody, I use Windows 10 and would like to once Explorer.exe allows me to choose the program that I want to open the .iso files. I would like added "Open with" "VLC media player" for the .iso file in addition to programs that are already in the list. [img]...
  8. Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want

Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want: Okay so another Windows 10 weird issue! I am trying to make IrfanView my default photo viewer app. However, Windows will not let this be! When I try to choose a default, but this app is not even recognized. What I can do is actually click on a image file and have those open...
  9. How do I add programs that were never install to the "open with" list?

How do I add programs that were never install to the "open with" list?: I'm having trouble adding programs that weren't installed (released as just the program exe) to the "open with" list. They show up in the "choose another app" window, but that takes extra clicks to get through, which add up since I do a lot of work with files that I open in...
  10. How can I add a new program to the Open With dialog list

How can I add a new program to the Open With dialog list: None of the search results answered this specific question...I can't figure out how to open an add screen with which to select a program and add it to the current list for a given file type. Any feedback will be most appreciated. thanks 99455