Windows 10: How do i add an email provider association to file explorer?

Discus and support How do i add an email provider association to file explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to send email from file explorer and I'm getting a notice to add an email association in settings. I tried but see no way to do it. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LARRYBURKETT1, May 13, 2020.

1. How do i add an email provider association to file explorer?

I'm trying to send email from file explorer and I'm getting a notice to add an email association in settings. I tried but see no way to do it. Help please!

:)

LARRYBURKETT1, May 13, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

No email associates ?

eml :

How do i add an email provider association to file explorer? [​IMG]

There is no MailTo protocol listed

How do i add an email provider association to file explorer? [​IMG]

davidhk, May 13, 2020
  3. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 13, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How do i add an email provider association to file explorer?

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, May 13, 2020
Thema:

How do i add an email provider association to file explorer?

1. How do i add an email provider association to file explorer? - Similar Threads - add email provider

2. How do I associate file explorer and .rar files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I associate file explorer and .rar files?: I accidentally associated .rar files with media player. I'm trying to switch it back to file explorer but I ca't find it. It was working fine before. I never installed any software for .rar after I bought the system. Ideas? I can't even find File Explorer app in the selection...
  3. How do I associate file explorer and .rar files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I associate file explorer and .rar files?: I accidentally associated .rar files with media player. I'm trying to switch it back to file explorer but I ca't find it. It was working fine before. I never installed any software for .rar after I bought the system. Ideas? I can't even find File Explorer app in the selection...
  4. How do I associate file explorer and .rar files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i remove default file associations

How do i remove default file associations: I accidentally changed what .jar files open with, so they only opened with notepad. Whenever I downloaded them they appeared as notepad files, making them unusable for me since I use them to mod games in my spare time :...
  6. "File Explorer" association problem

"File Explorer" association problem: When I open "any" personal folder, said process opens an App instead, and not "file explorer". So I uninstall that app, reboot, and now when I open "any" personal folder, it opens in some new app, and not "file explorer". So I uninstall that app, reboot, and now opening...
  7. How do I reset the setup.inx file association?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I reset the setup.inx file association?: This problem of changing default file associations has happened to me twice with Windows7 and now twice with Windows10. In two cases, a newly downloaded program hijacked the file association causing issues. In two cases, I wanted to open a file to take a look at the data it...
  8. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?: I have to navigate through a medium volume of folders within one folder for my work projects. It would be helpful if I could add comments within the metadata of a folder to help me organize. Posted a snip of the area I am referencing. Anyone know of a way to do this within...
  9. how do i add MEGAsync to navigation pane in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i add MEGAsync to navigation pane in file explorer: How do I add MEGAsync to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 RS2 x64 bit? Mine is no longer there and I want to add it back [not into quick access but into it's own spot like what the guide for adding Google Drive to Navigation Pane did for Google Drive]. I...
  10. How do i change the file association for SCR files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i change the file association for SCR files: Hi, I use files with an SCR extension to store text data. For me SCR means script. I would like it so that when I double-click on this file, that it opens with notepad (or something similar). But this file is registered as a screen saver. And I cannot change the file...