Windows 10: How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"?

Discus and support How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click "Start" , it displays the typical start menu vertical list of small icons. Next to the start menu is a "Play and Explore" area with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benjamin Slade, Jun 23, 2021.

1. How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"?

When I click "Start" , it displays the typical start menu vertical list of small icons. Next to the start menu is a "Play and Explore" area with various square icons of different sizes. But there's no option to add more items to the "Play and Explore" area. I've searched help, but maybe I'm using the wrong search phrases, because I'm not finding anything Does anybody know the secret knowledge to getting this done?Thanks in advanceBen

:)

Benjamin Slade, Jun 23, 2021

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are displayed for other programs in Taskbar as usual but the issue is only with File Explorer. I have restarted the PC but still the problem persists and I have also disabled Cortana.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. *Sad*Sad*Sad

System Specs:
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo
    Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)
    RAM - 4 GB
    Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)
    OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

debjitdas86, Jun 23, 2021
  4. ArmaRayo Win User

How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"?

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"?

1. How do I add an item to the "Play and Explore" area that displays when I click on "Start"? - Similar Threads - add item Play

2. How Do I Add An Item ...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add An Item ...: ... here? (image attached) - ... and remove item from same? 179957
  3. How do I start playing a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I start playing a DVD?: How do I start playing a DVD mine won't start automaticly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-playing-a-dvd/f63d0110-29c3-4ea8-b640-f652f71cb5dd
  4. How do I add item to action panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add item to action panel?: Subject says it. I had an utility I use frequently on the Action Panel (I think that's what it's called). When I updated the utility it was removed. How do I add it back? Using win ver 1909 172669
  5. How do I add items to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  6. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  7. How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 v.1803 (build 17134.345). I have a folder with 20 subfolders. In one of those folders, I've added two options to the Sort By context menu (Type, and Total File Size). Is it possible to add those two options to all of those 20 subfolders at once,...
  8. Add file explorer to start button area?

Add file explorer to start button area?: By that I mean here: [img] I want to pin/add File Explorer to that as well. 77191
  9. How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?: In File Explorer on the far right corner of the screen you will find a white question mark in a small blue circle. What that icon does it launches a BING browser tab that is full on Windows 10 help links. In the most recent past I thought that Bing had installed a Bing Virus...
  10. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257