Windows 10: How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have to navigate through a medium volume of folders within one folder for my work projects. It would be helpful if I could add comments within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Investigations-1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

I have to navigate through a medium volume of folders within one folder for my work projects. It would be helpful if I could add comments within the metadata of a folder to help me organize. Posted a snip of the area I am referencing. Anyone know of a way to do this within Windows 10 without installing a 3rd party application?

How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer? 09c0f845-474a-4f79-89d0-25c97f4cf6d2?upload=true.png

Thanks for looking

P.

:)

Investigations-1, Mar 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

Also known as 'perceived type'.

How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer? [​IMG]

But if you use it in file explorer search
    e.g.

1. Just the files- no search spec

2. Search kind:text

3. Search *ex*.* kind:text

dalchina, Mar 2, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

Advanced query syntax - e.g. search terms in file explorer.
    I'm not sure those are 'perceived types' - rather a way of specifying your search params.

Mp3tag supports genre:

Audioshell (rt click) supports both - if 'importance' = * rating- don't know.

dalchina, Mar 2, 2020
  4. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

1. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer? - Similar Threads - add comments folder

2. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  3. how to add comments to files in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add comments to files in explorer: how to add comments to files in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-comments-to-files-in-explorer/e6f47313-e2fd-48f9-b3f1-00dc092b8fa1
  4. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  5. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  6. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer

Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer: I understand that older versions of windows allowed the user to move items to whatever order they wanted. I am trying to create playlists with my music and it's just impossible! I have to be satisfied with alphabetical or whatever and cannot simply move the items to the order...
  8. How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?

How can I add comments to the Comments column on File Explorer?: How can I associate comments with a file, and get them to appear in the File Explorer Comments column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-comments-to-the-comments-column-on/d09e68a0-ec87-435a-bacc-bdefcab94c70"
  9. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...
  10. how do I add text under the COMMENT column in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do I add text under the COMMENT column in File Explorer?: WIndows allows me to add a column called COMMENT in the File Explorer yet it is unclear how I can actually add my personal text next to a file or folder to describe its contents. If this cannot be done then what is the purpose of the COMMENT column in File Explorer?!?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows folder comment

2. folder comments windows 10

3. windows 10 folder comments