Windows 10: How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?

Discus and support How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm following this guide Windows custom sound events - Super User for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zeke33, May 24, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?

I'm following this guide Windows custom sound events - Super User for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody please tell me if this guide will work and how to add a playsound (and where) for Brave.exe browser? I might be doing it wrong so I hope that's okay. Thanks for your help.

:)

zeke33, May 24, 2020
  2. vic3vers4 Win User

Windows Custom sounds events

Hello so heres what Im trying to do, Im trying to replace all of the built in windows sounds with sounds from Legend of Zelda. I want to add sounds for when you press the CTRL+WIN+Right/LeftArrows to switch virtual desktops. I know that I need to modify Registry values like this Windows custom sound events
    But Specifically, How do I add this for when you switch desktops?

vic3vers4, May 24, 2020
  3. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2020
  4. I2Believe Win User

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program? - Similar Threads - add custom sound

2. How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?: When I connect my headphones into my computer, and talk on the zoom or listen to an audio message, I can't control the sound of the outgoing audio, it just stands at full volume and my ears can't take it because of that volume. I have tried to change something in the sound...
  3. How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?: When I connect my headphones into my computer, and talk on the zoom or listen to an audio message, I can't control the sound of the outgoing audio, it just stands at full volume and my ears can't take it because of that volume. I have tried to change something in the sound...
  4. How to add a sound when closing a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a sound when closing a program: I wanted to add a sound for whenever I close a program e.g. browser for windows 10 so I downloaded a wav. file for this but when I apply it in system sounds it doesn't play when I click test, nor when closing a program. How can I successfully make the sound work for this...
  5. How to add a sound when closing a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a sound when closing a program: I wanted to add a sound for whenever I close a program e.g. browser for windows 10 so I downloaded a wav. file for this but when I apply it in system sounds it doesn't play when I click test, nor when closing a program. How can I successfully make the sound work for this...
  6. How to add a sound when closing a program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to add Custom windows startup sound?

How to add Custom windows startup sound?: I did the reg edit for logoff logon and exit and set the exclude to 0 for all 3. I went into my sound settings and set Windows 95 as the noise for logon logoff and clicked apply and checked Window's startup soundbox. did the power button thing to see if that would fix the no...
  8. Add custom sound event when opening specific program

Add custom sound event when opening specific program: I'm following this guide https://superuser.com/questions/678019/windows-custom-sound-events for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody please tell me if this guide will work and how to add a playsound and where for Brave.exe browser? I...
  9. how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...: How do I add an app in Microsoft Photos program. I used to be able to right click on "open with" and get to Lightroom, now it won't and i tried adding apps like it instructed me, but it's not working. Very frustrating....
  10. How do I open Event Viewer with Custom Views> Adminstrative Events?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open Event Viewer with Custom Views> Adminstrative Events?: Hi *Smile, I open Windows Event Viewer often (most days) to take a look for entries in the Windows 10 created Filter Custom Views> ServerRoles> Administrative Events. (especially as my Win 10Pro (x64) is newly installed)What I wish to seek advice on is, how can I adjust...