Windows 10: How do I add folder background on fav folders using ave folder

Discus and support How do I add folder background on fav folders using ave folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently upgraded my windows 7 ultimate copy to Win 10 pro (64 bit) and with the upgrade i lost the most beloved tweak that i was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kratos, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Kratos Win User

How do I add folder background on fav folders using ave folder

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my windows 7 ultimate copy to Win 10 pro (64 bit) and with the upgrade i lost the most beloved tweak that i was using earlier in Win 7. And that is the ability to have custom backgrounds on folders instead of plain white ones.

The Ave Folder actually works but only when the properties box\windows is opens up for any folder. The properties box has the custom new tab called "folder background" and i think this is why it activates the feature for a brief time until i decide to close the box. Closing the properties window\box then disables it and i then lose my folder background.

Is there any way of updating this tool or workaround to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. *Sad

:)

Kratos, Aug 6, 2015
  2. john3650 Win User

Favourites missing in Menu bar but shows up when clicking on yellow star

I can add this link to the fav. bar, which I don't normally use, and the link then appears in the fav. bar folder under the star. Still nothing in the fav. button.

john3650, Aug 6, 2015
  3. How did I edit my Internet Explorer Favorites in my Nokia Lumia 635 phone?

I have a bunch of FAVs in the Internet Explorer 11 on my Windows 10 DELL PC. I also find a similar set of FAVs in my Nokia Lumia 635 phone that I set up new about a year ago. I forget the process during setup but did it include somehow connecting my phone
    to my computer and importing my FAVs?

If not, how did they get in there and can I do any editing of the FAVs folders in my phone? I sure can't find any way to do that. Nothing shows up in menus or with right click taps offering the Edit or Add into any folder. The only options I've found seem to
    be that when I pick ADD TO FAVORITES if I'm on a site and it does let me NAME it, see or edit the site's URL and then pick a Folder, which can be one of my custom folders of which I have a bunch of.

But I want to edit Folders or FAVs.

But I find a Folder in my FAVs that is empty for some reason and yet there's no way to Delete it. That's odd.

That's what made me want to ask this question here. How can I clean things up by either Deleting FAVs in my phone or if that's not possible, how would I start fresh on only the FAVs (not a Factory Reset of the entire phone) and import the current set that
    is on my computer which would overwrite the FAVs files that are all saved on my phone?

I supposed that one long, tedious work-around would be to go thru them all manually on both devices and if I find any other empty FAV folders or missing sites in the long lists of sites in the folders, I could manually add each one. But that's too much work.

I'll never do that. I'd just rather wait until I can afford to get a Nokia Lumia 1020 to upgrade to.

How do I add folder background on fav folders using ave folder [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, Aug 6, 2015
  4. darkf0xx Win User

right click/properties/change icon. You talking about that?

darkf0xx, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Kratos Win User
    No bro.

I'm talking about a tweak called ave folder that used to work up till Win 7. What it does it add a custom folder background in anyof your favourite folders.

But now in Win 10 it is not working. It only works when i have the properties window\box open, showing the folder background tab. Check this screenshot:

Now if i close this box the background of this folder would disappear and back to plain white. So i'm looking for something that would force the folder background tweak to keep on working even when i close the properties box.

Kratos, Aug 6, 2015
  6. rodo1985 Win User
    i have the same problem like Kratos in Windows 10

What is the solution to the problem?

rodo1985, Aug 19, 2015
  7. inter2010 Win User
    I miss the good old Folder Background Changer 1.1

inter2010, Aug 19, 2015
  8. inter2010 Win User

my friend,u solved this??

inter2010, Aug 23, 2015
  9. RevEggum Win User
    I have the same problem as Katos ..
    Hope you brilliant ones can offer a poor pastor some advice ..

Steve

RevEggum, Sep 3, 2015
  10. doctorwizz, Sep 3, 2015
  11. Kratos Win User
    Unfortunately, no. *Sad
    Did that but received no response.

Kratos, Sep 20, 2015
  12. Kratos Win User
    So can anyone help me resolve me issue? It's been months and i haven't been able to figure this one out. *Sad

Kratos, Oct 17, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Have you tried to change the Folder picture in Folder properties? See picture bellow...

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015
  14. He's not trying to change the folder icon.
    AVE folder background was a great tool that would let you set images as the folder background in an open folder. You could also change the text color. It was a great app that I really miss. It doesn't work in windows 8 and up.
    I still have it and it works on my win 7 partition.

Ave's Vista Apps: Vista Folder Background

doctorwizz, Oct 18, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    I suggested that because I remembered doing something similar from folder properties in Windows 7 without third-party utilities. Not sure if it works for Windows 8 and 10 though. But in Windows 7 you could set a picture as the background of an open folder.

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I add folder background on fav folders using ave folder - Similar Threads - add folder background

2. how do I add a password to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add a password to a folder: i have folders with pics that I would like to lock. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-password-to-a-folder/2970822f-a337-4a56-b77f-d75e118f3482
  3. how do I add a password to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add a password to a folder: i have folders with pics that I would like to lock. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-password-to-a-folder/2970822f-a337-4a56-b77f-d75e118f3482
  4. How do I add a new folder at the top level, NOT a normal folder..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I add a new folder at the top level, NOT a normal folder..: I want to insert a new folder as a top-level folder like My Picture, My documents, Etc. I want My own My *** Folder the same as the My Pictures folder is implemented. NOT a normal folder.. Never answered MS Question, thread is locked?. RE:...
  5. How do I add a new folder at the top level, NOT a normal folder..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a new folder at the top level, NOT a normal folder..: I want to insert a new folder as a top-level folder like My Picture, My documents, Etc. I want My own My *** Folder the same as the My Pictures folder is implemented. NOT a normal folder.. Never answered MS Question, thread is locked?. RE:...
  6. How do I add a new folder at the top level, NOT a normal folder..

7. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

How to add folder to "This PC" ?: How to add folder to "This PC" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-folder-to-this-pc/a4bc5cb7-b539-4645-8939-fece59b349dc
  8. How do I add folders to This PC folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I add folders to This PC folder: I would like to add a couple of folders to the This PC folder in Windows 10. How can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-folders-to-this-pc-folder/0f13018a-1689-4b17-b074-3863281c1be1"
  9. folder background

in Windows 10 Customization
    folder background: after recent system update my folder background colour has been changed from traditional white to black. absolute nightmare. how to change it? tried all settings, now considering to return recently purchased laptop back to store and change it for apple product. hate these...
  10. How do I add a folder in Mail

How do I add a folder in Mail: There is no + next to the Folders and there are no updates to install. Anyone know how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-add-a-folder-in-mail/39ef41bd-51e4-4e53-a112-c085ba1e2e62