Windows 10: How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

Discus and support How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to fresh install windows 10 on my 240gb SSD and use my 2tb HDD as storage space. I dont want to lose data on my hdd. What do I do? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spexyboi, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

I want to fresh install windows 10 on my 240gb SSD and use my 2tb HDD as storage space. I dont want to lose data on my hdd. What do I do?

submitted by /u/spexyboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spexyboi, Oct 29, 2020
  2. JayceeM Win User

Help choosing a secondary HDD

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JayceeM, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Data Storage

Hi,

If the hard disk drive (HDD) that was set as your preferred storage when saving files isn’t working, it’s possible that a software conflict occurred or the HDD encountered an issue. To isolate your concern with your
    device storage, we’d like to ask the questions below:

• Did you make any other changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you encountered an error message when you tried saving or moving files to your HDD? If yes, please provide us a
      screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode.
    This will help us determine if there are third-party applications that may cause the issue. Once you’re in the basic state, try to move or save a file to the HDD and check the result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested step.

Louie Del, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

1. How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data? - Similar Threads - add HDD secondary

2. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  3. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  4. unallocated HDD without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  6. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  7. How Do I Transfer Windows 10 From HDD to SSD Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Transfer Windows 10 From HDD to SSD Without Losing Data: Hello, I've seen people have seperate storage devices for their os and their data, so I wanted to do the same. Currently, I have a 2 tb hdd I've only used about 270 gb, and I wanted to upgrade to an ssd for the faster experience. However, I do not want to lose my Windows 10...
  8. Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data: Currently I backup my PC to an 8TB disk using Windows 10 backup. The drive is almost full so using Storage Spaces, I would like to add a new 8 TB drive for a total of 16 TB without losing any data byFirst create a new Storage Space on a new blank 8TB driveCopy the current 8...
  9. Creating Storage Space Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Storage Space Without Losing Data: Hey Everyone, I have a separate SSD (from my C: drive) with all of my PC games on it that is running out of space. I was thinking of expanding to a larger SSD, but instead of replacing it, I wanted to add another SSD and then combine the newer and older drives, similar to a...
  10. Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.: Can I migrate/fresh install Windows in my nvme SSD without losing data in my hdd. 1tb hdd is almost full and it isn't partitioned (was a bit lazy for that). It's laptop. submitted by /u/physicar [link] [comments]...