Windows 10: How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?

Discus and support How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First Question: what is this called? "Notification Area"?2nd Question: How do I add icons to "always" show up in this area?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DottyR, Jul 14, 2021.

1. DottyR Win User

How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?

First Question: what is this called? "Notification Area"?2nd Question: How do I add icons to "always" show up in this area?

:)

DottyR, Jul 14, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Unable to view status bar

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to access other icons on the task bar?

• Did you turned off, system icon?
    This might occur when the system icon is turned off.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select the System option.

• Select Notification and action center.

• Select Turn on/off system icon.

• Turn on the icon which you want to view on your status bar.
    For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 14, 2021
  4. How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?

1. How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar? - Similar Threads - add icons notification

2. How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?: When I run the specific exe file, I want to display the icon in the notification area instead of the taskbar. Try not to install other programs as much as possible....
  3. How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?: When I run the specific exe file, I want to display the icon in the notification area instead of the taskbar. Try not to install other programs as much as possible....
  4. How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area: That rectangle of hidden icons in the notification area...It is white and hard to see some icons. I would like to make that area a bit darker to see the icons more easily. Anyone know why it's white and how to change it? Any advice will be appreciated. 177447
  5. Follow-up: ADD a program to the Notification icon area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Follow-up: ADD a program to the Notification icon area.: Hi, I know this was asked and the reply suggested that this is not possible. I was looking for an answer to this same question. I will tell you why so you can provide other possible ways of accomplishing this. I like Windows 7 - Show Desktop icon that also minimized all...
  6. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  7. How do I change an icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change an icon in the notification area?: Also, how do I drag an icon to the notification area? Thank you. 110494
  8. How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar?: I'm pretty new to W10 and still learning but something I want to do is add info to the bottom of the Windows Explorer window. I know there are options to use details panel and what not that will display to the side of the window but that's NOT what I want to do. If I remember...
  9. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...
  10. Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 How to Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app and system icons that provide status and notifications about things like incoming...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 add personalization/taskbar/notification area/ app