Windows 10: How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar?

Discus and support How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm pretty new to W10 and still learning but something I want to do is add info to the bottom of the Windows Explorer window. I know there are options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryevick, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ryevick Win User

How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar?

I'm pretty new to W10 and still learning but something I want to do is add info to the bottom of the Windows Explorer window. I know there are options to use details panel and what not that will display to the side of the window but that's NOT what I want to do. If I remember correctly W7 allowed you to resize this portion of the window and the more space you gave it the more info it would show. I could highlight an MP3 and it would should the thumbnail of the cover art as well as many other things. I also believe there was a place that let you choose what you wanted to see in the status bar area. When highlighted, images would display dimensions, videos would display length dimensions and more. These are just a few examples that saved you time so you would not have to right click to view properties.

With the added features in W10 explorer I find it hard to believe they would remove that feature. Anyone? Thanks!

:)

ryevick, Aug 9, 2016

2. How do i add Live Messenger info to a contact, so i can use Messenger rather than Text messages?

First off...I haven't done anything to any users! I AM a user, just like you are (I don't work for Microsoft...I have never worked for Microsoft)

Secondly, this particular issue has very little, if anything, to do with the Windows Phone OS and everything to do with changes to the Windows Live Messenger services. Go switch to another phone if that suits you, but I doubt you find a simple way to add
    Live Messenger contacts..

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 9, 2016
  3. TomAllen9 Win User
    How do i add Live Messenger info to a contact, so i can use Messenger rather than Text messages?

How do i add Live Messenger info to a contact, so i can use Messenger rather than Text messages? I am using Mango release.

When I go into Messaging Hub i can select a thread from my wife and I have an option to "chat on Messenger", but my co-worker with whom I IM regularly on my PC only has Text option and no Messenger option. The Profiles section in the People Hub has omitted
    a field for Messenger contact info. Argh!!

thx for your help.

+tom allen

Cupertino, CA

Samsung Taylor / Mango 7.10.7212.60

TomAllen9, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, are you referring to the Preview or Details pane? They are still available. (Click the View tab, click Preview/Details pane). Click them again to remove).

For interest(?)
    I have InfoTag Magic installed - free- old- but works. Simply hover over an mp3 file (e.g.) and I get a tooltip with info.
    Not sure if that's what also displays the cover art and autoplays mp3's if I hover over one - could be sthg installed a long long time ago. That's probably Mediainfo
    MediaInfo

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How Do I Add Info To The Windows Explorer Status Bar? - Similar Threads - Add Info Explorer

2. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  3. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  4. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  6. How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?

How do I add icons to the notification area on my Windows 10 status bar?: First Question: what is this called? "Notification Area"?2nd Question: How do I add icons to "always" show up in this area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-icons-to-the-notification-area-on-my/99d14849-b92e-46b2-8431-d09c1a9d0b72
  7. How do I enable the Status Bar on "Windows Settings"

How do I enable the Status Bar on "Windows Settings": Hi, How do I enable the status bar at the top of the "Windows Settings" Window so it displays my Username, User Account image, OneDrive info, Rewards info and Windows Update status? I'm running Win10 Desktop Windows 10 Home 64-bit 20H2 – vsn 19042.746 All my windows...
  8. Adding info in Windows 10 status bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding info in Windows 10 status bar?: New Win10 user here, coming from Win7. I edit a lot of footage and like to know the video dimensions without right clicking each file and selecting "details". In Win7 it was displayed in the status bar, but in Win10 it doesn't look like it's here. Can I add info to this...
  9. Adding info in Windows 10 status bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding info in Windows 10 status bar?: New Win10 user here, coming from Win7. I edit a lot of footage and like to know the video dimensions without right clicking each file and selecting "details". In Win7 it was displayed in the status bar, but in Win10 it doesn't look like it's here. Can I add info to this...
  10. How do i add to the charms bar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i add to the charms bar?: Hello everyone I am interested if it is possible to add outlook 2013 as an option to the share charm. I see that the built in mail app is there by default. I am talking about the charm located on the toolbar in Edge. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated...