Windows 10: How do I add item to action panel?

Discus and support How do I add item to action panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Subject says it. I had an utility I use frequently on the Action Panel (I think that's what it's called). When I updated the utility it was removed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamjim, Jan 20, 2021.

1. iamjim Win User

How do I add item to action panel?

Subject says it.

I had an utility I use frequently on the Action Panel (I think that's what it's called). When I updated the utility it was removed. How do I add it back?

Using win ver 1909

:)

iamjim, Jan 20, 2021
  2. YanAndrew Win User

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Jan 20, 2021
  3. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 20, 2021
  4. How do I add item to action panel?

windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How do I add item to action panel?

1. How do I add item to action panel? - Similar Threads - add item action

2. How Do I Add An Item ...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add An Item ...: ... here? (image attached) - ... and remove item from same? 179957
  3. How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel: How do I add my "recent files" to the left content panel in Win10 (19041.508 build)? I recently purchased a new laptop, and it only seems to show recent folders. On my other laptop, I could see a list of folders and files on the left content panel in windows explorer. It was...
  4. How to add an item in the rightclick menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an item in the rightclick menu: I want to add an item in the rightclick menu, such as open command prompt here, when I click on a folder. How should I archeive that? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-an-item-in-the-rightclick-menu/6e343c06-711b-4070-aafc-ed00f225d5f4
  5. Add Microsoft "To-Do" Tasks to Action Center

Add Microsoft "To-Do" Tasks to Action Center: Is anybody aware of a way to add Tasks from Microsoft "To-Do" to the Action Center? I am aware that Action Center is mostly about Notifications, but I would value the ability to dock my Tasks there as a persistent Alert. It is not unlike having quick access to some...
  6. How do I add items to the start menu?

How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  7. How do I add to the list of "Notifications & Actions" in my Settings - Win 10

How do I add to the list of "Notifications & Actions" in my Settings - Win 10: Here's an extract from my list of Notifications & Actions in my Settings: [ATTACH] How do I add to it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-to-the-list-of-notifications-actions/144e6a66-ca7e-4066-8845-069deed9e9a3
  8. How to add icons in "windows panel"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add icons in "windows panel": [ATTACH] I am trying to add game icon to this panel (ive removed everything that was there by default like windows store) but it doesn't let me do it. Is there any way to make it work?...
  9. How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 v.1803 (build 17134.345). I have a folder with 20 subfolders. In one of those folders, I've added two options to the Sort By context menu (Type, and Total File Size). Is it possible to add those two options to all of those 20 subfolders at once,...
  10. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257