Windows 10: How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

Discus and support How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello: I have Dell Desktop with Intel integrated graphics card. There's is only one VGA port in the back of the tower. I do see what appears to be an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eliuri, Oct 25, 2018.

1. eliuri Win User

How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

Hello:

I have Dell Desktop with Intel integrated graphics card. There's is only one VGA port in the back of the tower. I do see what appears to be an HDMI port directly above that.

I'd like to add another monitor so as to have an extended display. I did try a USB to VGA adapter. But those really do require USB 3. I have only USB 2

Is there an inexpensive way to hook up another monitor for regular internet viewing, given that I have only that one VGA port, and one HDMI port?

Thanks
    Eli
    Windows 10 Version: 1803
    =====================================
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20GHz 29 °C
    Clarkdale 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0C2KJT (CPU 1)
    Graphics
    DELL SX2210 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics (Dell)

:)

eliuri, Oct 25, 2018

2. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Oct 25, 2018
  3. oodles Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade messed up 2nd monitor resolution on vga port

Running ASUS A88X-PRO connected to 2 identical ASUS ProArt 246 monitors at 1920x1200 recommended resolution. One monitor connected through DVI port and second monitor on the VGA port. Everything worked fine with Windows 8.

Upgraded to Windows 10 monitor on the VGA port would only display the central 70-80% portion of the image even though both monitors set to the same 1920x1200 resolution.

Installed latest BIOS and chipset updates and drivers for Windows 10. Tried swapping monitors but problem is always with the VGA port monitor. Went through Control Panel, rechecked display settings numerous times without improvment.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

oodles, Oct 25, 2018
  4. How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

Extended display problem

I am using Windows 7 professional. I had connected two monitors with one cpu. 1 via VGA port (main display) another via HDMI port (extended display).

i placed some icons in extended display desktop if click those icons it opens in main display and not opening in extended display. i need to open the same in extended display. How should i fix this issue.??

ChithiraimuthuSankar, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

1. How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port - Similar Threads - add Monitor Extended

2. Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display: Hey, Microsoft! I need some help with my screensaver. I am running dual monitors on *extend display*. The Microsoft provided Bubbles, Ribbons, etc. work as normal on both monitors. However, when I choose a personal photo album, it only shows on one monitor. The photo album...
  3. Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display: Hey, Microsoft! I need some help with my screensaver. I am running dual monitors on *extend display*. The Microsoft provided Bubbles, Ribbons, etc. work as normal on both monitors. However, when I choose a personal photo album, it only shows on one monitor. The photo album...
  4. Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display

5. Screensaver only showing on one monitor while using dual monitors in extend display

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. What command do I do under "run" to enable the 2nd VGA port and the display port

What command do I do under "run" to enable the 2nd VGA port and the display port: a microsoft tech disabled my second VGA scereen so he could see everything on one scree but he did not reenable the screen when done. What command do I do under "run" to enable the 2nd VGA port and the display port...
  7. No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port: So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up after a couple of seconds which I can assume is that the computer is in the OS but does not...
  8. Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port

Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port: I have a Dell laptop which has only a VGA monitor port for adding a second monitor. How can I attach a second monitor using this VGA port and still make use of virtual desktop? If I add the second monitor it automatically opts to use the chip set that monitor 1 is using and...
  9. How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port: Hello: I have Dell Desktop with Intel integrated graphics card. There's is only one VGA port in the back of the tower. I do see what appears to be an HDMI port directly above that. I'd like to add another monitor so as to have an extended display. I did try a USB to VGA...
  10. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor: Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive OS: Windows 10 Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3 Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400 Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I...