Windows 10: How do I add more information to my details pane?

Discus and support How do I add more information to my details pane? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I have movie files on my computer and I want to organize them a bit better. I use mp3tag to change my cover art and then I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dawn121988, Jan 7, 2019.

1. How do I add more information to my details pane?

I have windows 10 and I have movie files on my computer and I want to organize them a bit better.

I use mp3tag to change my cover art and then I use re name my tv series to rename the files. I have a lot of anime series on my computer currently and I want go also try and add some episode descriptions to the details pane.

I'm not sure if this is even possible.

But I do not want to use a program where I need to open it to see the description.

:)

Dawn121988, Jan 7, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    missing information in the details pane

[Our posts crossed paths. I can now see your post reporting that the fault has been fixed.]

Have your files also lost their file association i.e. do they still open with the application that you previously used?

Loss of file association is merely one fault that can cause loss of specific info from the Details pane.

How do I add more information to my details pane? [​IMG]

Details displayed for an unassociated file
    Denis

Try3, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I add more information to my details pane?

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I add more information to my details pane?

1. How do I add more information to my details pane? - Similar Threads - add more information

2. How do I add more files to my library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add more files to my library?: How do I add more files to my library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-more-files-to-my-library/646d1581-f3d1-4902-8547-8e6c9f1bd5d2
  3. How do I add more files to my library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add more files to my library?: How do I add more files to my library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-more-files-to-my-library/646d1581-f3d1-4902-8547-8e6c9f1bd5d2
  4. How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?: TL;DR: "Authors", "Year", etc. fields of .pdf files are blank, how to populate them?Greetings! So, I have a fairly simple and straightforward question/problem. I use a lot of PDFs for my research and I would like to organize them better in File Explorer. And no, I don't want...
  5. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?: Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane... [ATTACH] It also supports "Group by" for folders and it does group files by the tag... [ATTACH] The Details pane doesn't show the People...
  6. How do I add Media information to a CD playing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I add Media information to a CD playing?: How do I add Media information to a CD playing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-media-information-to-a-cd-playing/40aff875-f56b-4bf7-9d08-eaae8c8684f4
  7. How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?: Hello there everyone. I was wondering if there is someone that could help me out if possible. Here's what I have already found out online and what I have already done. I was using the plex to organize and add information to my videos nut now I realized its not really...
  8. missing information in the details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    missing information in the details pane: As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows me every from its name to audio type, date modified etc..all of a sudden it no longer shows me what audio, chapters or...
  9. Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Details pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties provide more detailed info about a file, such as the author, the date you last changed...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119