Windows 10: How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

Discus and support How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Steffan Howe, May 27, 2023.

1. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online instructions. I have also added her account in the Account settings, but don't get the option of logging in using her details when I restart.

:)

Steffan Howe, May 27, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 27, 2023
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device? :(

Zakin, May 27, 2023
  4. Scrizz Win User

How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, May 27, 2023
Thema:

How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

1. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device? - Similar Threads - add daughter's Microsoft

2. How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?: Can't add Android device to my microsoft account. I have "Phone Link" working between my phone and PC. But, my Microsoft Account would show or add my android device....
  3. How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add my android phone as a device to my Microsoft account?: Can't add Android device to my microsoft account. I have "Phone Link" working between my phone and PC. But, my Microsoft Account would show or add my android device....
  4. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  5. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  6. How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?

How do I add my daughter's Microsoft account to a Windows 10 device?: I am following all the instructions on how to add my child's Microsoft account to a laptop with Windows 10 so she can log in and I can manage screen time under the Family Safety app but can't see the "Family & other people" options in settings following the online...
  7. How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?: I am trying to add my acer laptop to my list of Microsoft devices to download the Minecraft game I purchased. I am signed into to my Microsoft account on the laptop but I keep receiving the message that there are no devices connected or available. Please help...
  8. How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?

How do I add a non-Microsoft device to my account?: I am trying to add my acer laptop to my list of Microsoft devices to download the Minecraft game I purchased. I am signed into to my Microsoft account on the laptop but I keep receiving the message that there are no devices connected or available. Please help...
  9. Microsoft Account for my daughter

Microsoft Account for my daughter: I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case...
  10. How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?: I accidentally removed the one of the two PCs under devices on my Microsoft account, I can now only see the device that I didn't remove and I couldn't find any other thread online that dealt with this issue. Both PCs are on Windows 10. Thanks....