Windows 10: How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

Discus and support How do I add my parent as a user on my pc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a child and I want to add my dad's account to my pc. The reason is because he owns game pass and I want to use it on my pc. But I can't seem to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samuel Gous, Jun 9, 2023.

1. How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

I'm a child and I want to add my dad's account to my pc. The reason is because he owns game pass and I want to use it on my pc. But I can't seem to add him. It says he is already on the pc even though he is not. Can anybody help relate or help.

:)

Samuel Gous, Jun 9, 2023

2. Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

1. How do I add my parent as a user on my pc? - Similar Threads - add parent user

2. How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?: I'm a child and I want to add my dad's account to my pc. The reason is because he owns game pass and I want to use it on my pc. But I can't seem to add him. It says he is already on the pc even though he is not. Can anybody help relate or help....
  3. how do I erase my user in pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I erase my user in pc?: how do I erase my user in windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-erase-my-user-in-pc/611446c8-9527-4858-bc2d-1c93cc17646b
  4. how do I erase my user in pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I erase my user in pc?: how do I erase my user in windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-erase-my-user-in-pc/611446c8-9527-4858-bc2d-1c93cc17646b
  5. How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?: I installed Windows 10 on my computer. It asked me to create an account from 3 options: email, phone and skype, I used the email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that is tied to my Microsoft account. This creates a default user named "Dave." I want a user...
  6. How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a user named David to my Windows 10?: I installed Windows 10 on my computer. It asked me to create an account from 3 options: email, phone and skype, I used the email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that is tied to my Microsoft account. This creates a default user named "Dave." I want a user...
  7. how do i remove my parental restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i remove my parental restrictions: How do i remove my parental restrictions. My dad set up my account back when i was in middle school, and I am now in my twenties and still have sites blocked its asking me to have ask for permision to view the site...
  8. How do I add another user to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add another user to my pc: i want to create a new perfil for my brother how i can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/how-do-i-add-another-user-to-my-pc/8d816ddc-dceb-404b-a3da-83c270ec7015
  9. How do I add a Local Account to my PC

How do I add a Local Account to my PC: I sign in to my PC with a Microsoft Account. How do I set up an additional Local Account for myself on the PC? I have Windows 10 Home...Creators Update 1703. The guide on the forum for creating another account on a PC is similar but reads a bit differently to what I'm seeing...
  10. How to add another user to my PC?

How to add another user to my PC?: Hi Roomies, I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add user. [img] Thank you 23590