Windows 10: How do I add open Comand Prompt here when I shift + right click?

Discus and support How do I add open Comand Prompt here when I shift + right click? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I press Shift + Right Click in a file explorer window, all that comes up is open powershell here. I want that to be open command prompt here. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John_088, Sep 26, 2019.

1. John_088 Win User

How do I add open Comand Prompt here when I shift + right click?

When I press Shift + Right Click in a file explorer window, all that comes up is open powershell here. I want that to be open command prompt here. I have tried going into the registry and changing HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd HideBasedOnVelocityId to ShowBasedOnVelocityId and it doesn't work at all. It doesn't even change a thing. What do I do?

:)

John_088, Sep 26, 2019

2. Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this. Does it need to be removed?

MikeFalkenstein, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Diffrent colors in comand prompt

I have make a menu in comand prompt, is there a way to make each line in the menu a diffrent color.

line 1 red
    line 3 blue
    eg.

Hendrikbez, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I add open Comand Prompt here when I shift + right click? - Similar Threads - add open Comand

2. why can't i open this file in Command Prompt? i tried shift+right click, but i get...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why can't i open this file in Command Prompt? i tried shift+right click, but i get...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/N0Legendary [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvz0x7/why_cant_i_open_this_file_in_command_prompt_i/
  3. how do i add a right click option "open file location" to windows photo viewer?

how do i add a right click option "open file location" to windows photo viewer?: win7 has this option, and apparently according to some people over a year ago win 10 does (did??) have this option but my photo viewer does not. i'm on win10 pro, the latest version (Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042) and photos version 2020.20110.11001.0. i find it absolutely...
  4. Does anyone know how I can make the Shift+Right Click menu the default menu when I right...

Does anyone know how I can make the Shift+Right Click menu the default menu when I right...: basically how do I make the shift+right click menu on the taskbar the one that comes up all the time submitted by /u/Julekwis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9dpvs/does_anyone_know_how_i_can_make_the_shiftright/
  5. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  6. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  7. How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??: I have Excel 2019 64 Bit and Excel 2010 32 Bit installed on my Acer Laptop. I wish to be able to right click on an Excel File and have it open with either Excel 2019 64 Bit or Excel 2010 32 Bit, depending on which I select. My issue is that BOTH Options are Named Excel...
  8. How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open a Command Prompt as Administrator in one click?: Hi. I think that I was able to do this before and now I can't. What I would like to do is twofold - 1) Have a desktop shortcut for the Command Prompt on the desktop to open as Administrator. 2) Be able to use Windows+X and have the capability to open a normal Command...
  9. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?: After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop suddenly...
  10. Open Windows Prompt here

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Windows Prompt here: Wait Wait...... it's possibly to remove the SHIFT button to be appears the "Open Windows Prompt here" for a folder like on Windows 7 ? On sevenforum the trick it's here: Open Command Window Here - Add or Remove Shift + Right Click - Windows 7 Help Forums I don't know...