Windows 10: How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel

Discus and support How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I add my "recent files" to the left content panel in Win10 (19041.508 build)? I recently purchased a new laptop, and it only seems to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chosn4one, Sep 17, 2020.

1. chosn4one Win User

How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel

How do I add my "recent files" to the left content panel in Win10 (19041.508 build)? I recently purchased a new laptop, and it only seems to show recent folders. On my other laptop, I could see a list of folders and files on the left content panel in windows explorer. It was a very convenient feature that I used quite a lot.

How do I get it back? So far, I have only been able to enable it via Quick Access, but I actually want to see the list of recent files under my recent folders like I did before on the left-hand side.

:)

chosn4one, Sep 17, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Sep 17, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Sep 17, 2020
  4. How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to accessing recent items that you have accessed on your PC.

Usually, when you access a file or folder on your PC it shows in the Quick Access menu as recent files.

However, if you are looking for the most recent files that you have accessed from the PC then the simplest way is to access the recent items using the run command.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      shell:recent
      and hit Enter.

This will open a window with all the recent items that you have accessed. You can also pin this folder in the Quick Access menu so that it will be easier for you to access once again.

Kindly follow the steps to pin the recent items on the Quick Access menu.

1. Right click on the Quick Access menu on the left hand pane.
    2. Select Pin current folder to Quick access.

Once you pin the folder you should be able to access the recent items. Refer the screenshot for more information.

How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel 1781d25f-24ba-4efc-a9ec-e4f310143276?upload=true.png

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel

1. How Do I Add Recent FILES (not items or folders) to Left Content Panel - Similar Threads - Add Recent FILES

2. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  3. How Do I Add An Item ...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add An Item ...: ... here? (image attached) - ... and remove item from same? 179957
  4. How do I add item to action panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add item to action panel?: Subject says it. I had an utility I use frequently on the Action Panel (I think that's what it's called). When I updated the utility it was removed. How do I add it back? Using win ver 1909 172669
  5. How do I open the contents of the contents of a gz file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open the contents of the contents of a gz file?: I have a website backup in a gz file. In Windows 7, I could penetrate this file without, I'm pretty sure, any add-on software. I think 7's compressed file tools opened the .gz file fine, and then each subfolder and its contents and subfolders was navigable. In Windows 10, I...
  6. How do I add items to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  7. temporary internet files folder how do I delete contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary internet files folder how do I delete contents: I use disk cleanup it shows temporary internet files folder at 2.28gb ,but won't delete it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-internet-files-folder-how-do-i-delete/6eed5b50-079e-4a7a-b72d-26eb4a8d971e"
  8. How do I add folders to This PC folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I add folders to This PC folder: I would like to add a couple of folders to the This PC folder in Windows 10. How can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-folders-to-this-pc-folder/0f13018a-1689-4b17-b074-3863281c1be1"
  9. How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 v.1803 (build 17134.345). I have a folder with 20 subfolders. In one of those folders, I've added two options to the Sort By context menu (Type, and Total File Size). Is it possible to add those two options to all of those 20 subfolders at once,...
  10. Recent items folder Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items folder Empty: Hi - when I first open File Explorer all the recent items are there. I've added the Recent Items Folder to the Quick Access menu using instructions I found here by opening the shell:recent window. but it always says that the recent items folder is empty.The thread across the...