Windows 10: How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

Discus and support How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have NSudo installed and wish to do what is in the subject WITHOUT downloading anything. I want to do it to my machine myself so I know what has been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dr Dray, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Dr Dray Win User

How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

I have NSudo installed and wish to do what is in the subject WITHOUT downloading anything. I want to do it to my machine myself so I know what has been done incase something goes wrong.

Windows Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630

:)

Dr Dray, Nov 18, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes :)

Necrofire, Nov 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

Would you be happy with that appearance of file explorer as per that exe file?

The nexe step would be to incorporate that in the folder context menu and pass the path of the folder clicked on to the exe (Relatively easy - just haven't done it as there's no point spending the time if the result isn't what you want).

First, this is the very simple autohotkey script I wrote:
    run, explorer.exe %Homepath%\Downloads
    ; Wait for window..
    WinWaitActive ,ahk_exe explorer.exe,Downloads
    ; ..then place cursor in search box
    Send ^f

I would then replace %Homepath%\Downloads with %1%, which is the path parameter passed to a context menu entry, and use Easy context menu (useful freeware) to create a folder and desktop context menu entry.

dalchina, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes - Similar Threads - add Run TrustedInstaller

2. How do I add Eject in Context Menu for External Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add Eject in Context Menu for External Hard Drives?: As far as I've understood, the Eject option in the Context Menu appears only for small USB Key "Flash Drives". That option does not appear for big Mass Storage Devices. I have a 2TB and a 4TB External Hard Drives I would like to Eject by Right Clicking on the Drive Icon in...
  3. How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  4. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  5. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add tasks with run as admin to context menu: One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin. But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in...
  6. how to add seperator to context menu?

how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  7. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10: Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to do this. In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation...
  8. How do I add new .java file to context new menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add new .java file to context new menu?: Hello, I want create a new blank java source code file from the context menu when I right click in a folder and select new. I have tried adding a registry edit with the following code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.java\ShellNew]...
  9. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  10. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...