Windows 10: How do I add tags to files?

Discus and support How do I add tags to files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It used to be that I could go to the files Properties > Details tab >Tags. Can I add tags anymore?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Dec 8, 2018.

1. LAPIII Win User

How do I add tags to files?

It used to be that I could go to the files Properties > Details tab >Tags. Can I add tags anymore?

:)

LAPIII, Dec 8, 2018

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. How do I add tags to files?

File tags

I using win 10 build 17763. When adding tags in file explorer to a photo, if you have details view enabled, file explorer will show metadata on far right of screen. if you click on Tags: you can enter a tag. While typing, there is an auto-fill list that
    comes up you can use. I have added names and places to this list, but only one or two show up when I try to use them on the next photo. I'm hoping there is a Master List somewhere that I can edit. I don't know if it has a max size, and that is why my new tags
    are not being shown. Plus there is a lot of them that I don't use.

Thanks- Larry

Larry Perron, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I add tags to files?

1. How do I add tags to files? - Similar Threads - add tags files

2. add tags to mkv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    add tags to mkv: hi..i've been facing a problem...i want to organize some files...and when i want to add tags to mkv files...the option "tags" in details tab doesn't work for me and cant add o edit anything in detail tab...
  3. add tags to mkv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add tags to mkv: hi..i've been facing a problem...i want to organize some files...and when i want to add tags to mkv files...the option "tags" in details tab doesn't work for me and cant add o edit anything in detail tab...
  4. Can't add tags

Can't add tags: I downloaded file meta to add tags in pictures but I am not able to write anything in Tags option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-tags/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  5. How to add tags to pictures

How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  6. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  7. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how can i add tags to my PDFs?

how can i add tags to my PDFs?: In the properties panel of pdf, under the details section, only file info is showing and the description information is not showing pic attached. So i am not able to add tags to my pdf. PLEASE HELP, as i am a student and have a lot of PDFs and tags help in organizing them a...
  9. How do I search my files by tags only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I search my files by tags only?: I'm trying to find tagged photos of myself, but when I search by my name it brings up EVERY PHOTO because my name is also my Windows username. How do I search by only the tags? submitted by /u/B00kN_rd [link] [comments]...
  10. add tags

add tags: In file explorer y want to add and see tags in tag column for my folders[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-tags/2658084e-71b5-4a55-8a74-bf08d342fc40