Windows 10: How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop?

Discus and support How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried going into display its not there ive tried opening up the action center and the slider isnt there. please help submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SleepingJiant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop?

I've tried going into display its not there ive tried opening up the action center and the slider isnt there. please help

submitted by /u/SleepingJiant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SleepingJiant, Mar 20, 2021

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 20, 2021
  4. How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop?

Adjust brightness on Windows 10

Hi Danial,

I understand the inconvenience you are experiencing with the brightness. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let me know:

• How you are trying to change Brightness Settings?

• Is it through Settings or Graphics Properties?

We can adjust the screen brightness either through
    Settings app or from Graphics Properties. Please follow the steps given below:

• Select Start, enter
      Display, and select Display settings from the list of results.

• On the right side, use the slider or turn the automatic adjustment
      on or off. Alternatively, you can right-click on desktop screen and select
      Graphics Properties.

• Under Graphics Properties
      try to adjust the Brightness settings and see if makes any difference.
    We can also adjust the screen brightness from the
    Action Center in the system tray. Go to system tray, click on
    Notifications, then click on Display to adjust it accordingly.

If the issue still persists, try updating the display adapter through device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us with an update on the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop?

1. How do I adjust the brightness on my desktop? - Similar Threads - adjust brightness desktop

2. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  3. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  4. How do I adjust the brightness to absolute 0?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I adjust the brightness to absolute 0?: Hello so my normal keyboard is screwed up and has an other issue which I am not going to explain.But long story short, the brightness key on that no longer works.So, for the sake of convenience and time, I just got a Logitech keyboard. However, this **** does not have a...
  5. How do I adjust the brightness to absolute 0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness to absolute 0?: Hello so my normal keyboard is screwed up and has an other issue which I am not going to explain.But long story short, the brightness key on that no longer works.So, for the sake of convenience and time, I just got a Logitech keyboard. However, this **** does not have a...
  6. How do I adjust the brightness to absolute 0?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.

How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.: Text is too light adjusting brightness causes glare rather than sharpening text. Increasing font doesn't help either. How do I adjust contrast to darken + sharpen text? Thanks....
  8. How do I adjust the brightness in Windows 10?

How do I adjust the brightness in Windows 10?: Where exactly is the supposed adjustment bar located? It is not in Display settings or in the Notifications and Actions location. The Microsoft support page stated it is beneath the Notifications and Actions buttons, it is not. Where is it? Thank you in advance....
  9. brightness, how to adjust the brightness?

brightness, how to adjust the brightness?: Idk much about windows 10 help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-how-to-adjust-the-brightness/935b0821-c6fd-4be6-b4f6-121976c88282
  10. How to I stop this brightness adjustment

How to I stop this brightness adjustment: Howdy, Every time I start my desktop, I keep getting a brightness adjustment and I hate it. How do I stop it? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rHLtc_CHU9x1u57gvGzAj8GLwBs7OIBB/view?usp=sharing...