Windows 10: how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10?

Discus and support how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10? before you just needed a ctr alt delete and the option was there to work on your password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tim novascotia, Oct 18, 2018.

1. how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10?

how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10?

before you just needed a ctr alt delete and the option was there to work on your password.

:)

Tim novascotia, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i administer the passwords for users on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - administer passwords users

2. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...: I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. The user is not connected to my Microsoft account and the is no other method of unlocking the computer beyond the password. I would like to avoid at all cost losing the data on this computer.Thank you in advance for any...
  3. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...: I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. The user is not connected to my Microsoft account and the is no other method of unlocking the computer beyond the password. I would like to avoid at all cost losing the data on this computer.Thank you in advance for any...
  4. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i reactivate Administator that have been disabled ?

how do i reactivate Administator that have been disabled ?: i've disabled Administator account. I now do not have "family, etc" How do I activate these privileged accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reactivate-administator-that-have-been/f0d5b4ce-3310-4251-81c6-aa77976c82f4
  6. Administer / Standard User Accounts

Administer / Standard User Accounts: I want to set up my Microsoft Account with both an Administrator account for making changes and a Standard User account for everyday use. However, I only have one email address. How can I do this? Or must I run as an administrator all the time?...
  7. how do i delete an administer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i delete an administer: answer, how do i delete an administer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-administer/e2de4bc6-a013-4e38-bb0b-46f19ccc2ccf
  8. How do I change users password?

How do I change users password?: My desktop machine had been working OK for several hours. I went to make a cup of tea, and when I came back it was rebooting. An hour later it was still rebooting so I switched it off and on again. That time it rebooted OK. I tried to log in as Admin and got the message "the...
  9. how to log in as windows administator

how to log in as windows administator: I have just down loaded Garmin Express on my PC and it won't let me install the program as I am not logged as Administrator, How do I log in as Administrator....
  10. How do I change the Administator?

How do I change the Administator?: Microsoft, why do you do this to us?? I have just 'upgraded' my laptop to Windows 10 in the last few weeks. Now, my mum's laptop has died and I want to give her mine. But it's stuck with all my details and log on. I tried creating a 2nd profile, but it didn't allow access to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 administer user passwords

2. how to administer passwords

3. administer passwords and users