Windows 10: How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

Discus and support How do I allow Firefox access to my camera in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under Privacy Camera Firefox is not listed as application. How do I allow Firefox access to my webcam?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by theking2, Jul 20, 2019.

1. theking2 Win User

How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

Under Privacy Camera Firefox is not listed as application. How do I allow Firefox access to my webcam?

:)

theking2, Jul 20, 2019
  2. JohnFeet Win User

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites (for example Firefox 'Hello' - skype alternative). On the Settings > Privacy > Camera section the only browser shown is Edge, which does not support Firefox 'Hello'.

How can I add to the list of apps that want to use my camera, so that I can then give the new app the required permissions? For example Gimp 2.8 - photoshop alternative - can no longer use the webcam under Win 10 as that is not on the App list either.

Original Post: Windows 10 Camera

JohnFeet, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
  4. How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

Again you seem to be answering a totally different question to the one I asked, and in fact I thought I had explained quite fully that this is not what I want answering, I KNOW HOW TO ALLOW SITES TO USE MY MIC ON firefox BUT I CAN'T GET MICROSOFT WINDOWS
    TO ALLOW FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME TO BE GRANTED ACCESS, for some reason only explorer is allowed in the app list.

Sorry for the cap lock, but I thought it might help you actually read my message

peterduran1, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

1. How do I allow Firefox access to my camera - Similar Threads - allow Firefox access

2. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox: Doxy.me is a website for telemedicine. It's based on visual and aural interconnection. However, whenever I try to use it, whether on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, I'm told that camera access is denied. I'm using the automatically updated latest version of Windows 10 and the latest...
  3. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox: Doxy.me is a website for telemedicine. It's based on visual and aural interconnection. However, whenever I try to use it, whether on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, I'm told that camera access is denied. I'm using the automatically updated latest version of Windows 10 and the latest...
  4. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  6. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  7. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset...
  9. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing camera to be accessed by apps: I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this???[ATTACH]...
  10. I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

I want to allow firefox to access my microphone: In the apps list the only browser allowed to access my mic is explorer, which is the one I never use. I looked at the Microsoft community questions but others had asked this question but the moderators didn't seem to have read it, as they were answering the wrong question, so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox access camera

2. allow camera firefox

3. allow firefox to access camera

4. allow firefox access to camera,
  5. allow deny firefox camera,
  6. firefox allow camera access